We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot air balloon rides

Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
49 reviews
Hot air balloon rides

Anyone know of any Hot air balloon ride/rental in the area?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Hot air balloon rides

After searching multiple sources, I was unable to come up with any balloon rides in Cloudcroft, or for that matter in Ruidoso, or Alamogordo either. At 9,000ft. elevation in the Sacramento Mountains, and surrounded by miles-and-miles of forests, there just isn't any place to land a hot air balloon safely around Cloudcroft. The same could be said for most of the Ruidoso area.

There is however, a spectacular ballooning event each year in September at the "White Sands International Hot Air Balloon Competition." The colorful balloons, against a backdrop of white dunes is rather unique, and beautiful.

You will find numerous balloon ride companies in the Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and Santa Fe areas.

If anyone knows of balloon rides in the Cloudcroft, Ruidoso, and Alamogordo areas, I would appreciate hearing about them.

Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Hot air balloon rides

Thanks so much for your help. A friend of mine mentioned this event, but we thought it was in Oct. NOW WE KNOW! Thanks again. I guess we'll look for something else to do when we visit at the end of the month.....

3. Re: Hot air balloon rides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Cloudcroft