We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cloudcroft chamber of commerce

washington texas
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Cloudcroft chamber of commerce

Visited cloudcroft arrived on June 19. Tried to stop by the chamber for information about the area. This was Monday the front door clock stated someone would be back at 2pm. I'm assuming they are at lunch. No one ever returned. It was posted that they were open Monday thru Friday. We tried to visit again on Tuesday no one was there! As a member of this chamber I would be pisssed that it is not representing its members! Needless to say we did not receive any additional information other than what we found online. The chamber is supposed to be the face of the community, What an ugly face it was!

3 replies to this topic
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Cloudcroft chamber of commerce

The Chamber of Commerce is a business oriented group not a tourist information center.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,282 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: Cloudcroft chamber of commerce

Chances are the OP will never return. Sad that they didn't find any tourist related information at their hotel, or at restaurants or shops. Small towns in New Mexico don't have a lot of money and sometimes services like chambers are closed or have shortened hours. Even the state of New Mexico closed some official Visitor Centers due to budget cuts.

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Cloudcroft chamber of commerce

I sent a PM to the chamber via their Facebook account. They thanked me for the heads-up; hopefully, they'll be able to contact the OP and provide the needed info.

Reply to: Cloudcroft chamber of commerce
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cloudcroft
More Cloudcroft Topics