We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville - private car / taxi

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville - private car / taxi

We have just returned from a trip and before going I searched the forums quite a lot to find out about taking a private car or taxi from Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville, as a more timely alternative to the bus. I didn’t find any commentary from anyone saying they had done it so I thought I would share my experience of this here, in case others are searching for the same info in the future.

We approached a number of companies, from John’s travel to a number of others across the road from that office in town, they all said they couldn’t do it or that the ferry component of the trip was booked.

We on about our 5th try, further up the road, on the main road closer to the turn off to Rory’s bar, we found a place that seemed to easily do it, no issues, and for a cheaper price than most of the others (the ones that said they could do it but the ferry was full). It cost about $150 Aussie I think? Give or take $20, for two people. That included the pick up from our hotel, drop off to ferry, ferry to mainland, transfer at mainland to border, being assisted across the boarder by someone managing the process, then a car meeting us on the other side and driving us to Sihanoukville. I think we left the hotel at about 6:30 and arrived in Sihanoukville at 1:30, so a 5 hour trip. I think it was faster because we left early and beat the crowds, as there wasn’t anyone in front of us at immigration and he only traffic encountered was closer to Sihanoukville.

If course the US$23/25 option is a far better deal, but we were only on holidays for 10 days so we’re keen o make the trip as quick and comfortable as possible.

I hope this helps others wanting Loren information on the same :)

Mentioned in this post
Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc Island
Kien Giang Province, Vietnam
Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville Province, Cambodia
2 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville - private car / taxi

Sorry, a few “autocorrects” not working in my favour there! You get the gist though ☺️

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville - private car / taxi

That actually sounds like a pretty good deal for the ease of it all! Thanks for the post!

Reply to: Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville - private car / taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island
;