We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

new jersey
Level Contributor
226 posts
86 reviews
Parking

It has been awhile since we have been to Stone Harbor. Taking a day trip soon. Are all the spots on street metered? Do you need change or are there kiosks? Are there parking lots? Thanks for your advice.

9 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
147 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: Parking

Kiosks recently installed to replace most of the meters in town. Plenty of free parking on side streets and a few blocks away from downtown (96th Street vicinity). If going to the beach, there is paid parking lot between 94th and 96th Street with restrooms and a rinse off area. If it's a weekday, you could also look for street parking (free) nearby and just walk over to the restrooms when needed. The 95th Street beach also has a concession hut for beach snacks. Enjoy!

new jersey
Level Contributor
226 posts
86 reviews
2. Re: Parking

Thanks your your helpful info!

Gibbstown, New...
Level Contributor
145 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Parking

95th street used to be our beach of choice, way back when the parking lot was free and you had to walk a long block & half to restrooms. Now, you pay to park between 10am & 5pm but you have air conditioned REAL bathrooms, NOT port-a-potties. There is a kiosk for parking there and you can use credit cards. I haven't been going to the beach in Stone Harbor lately, I've gotten more into nature trails and birding in Cape May, but in past we had some troubles with the kiosks. Either wouldn't take cash or wouldn't take credit card, so go armed with both. We got to park for free a couple times because of the kiosk machines not in working order. I believe most street parking within a block or so of the beach is metered in the business district area.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Parking

the easiest access is metered parking and there are convenient kiosks. You do not need change, but the machines accept change, bills and credit cards. The machines do not give you change so don't put in a $5 unless you want to use it all. There is some no fee off street parking a couple blocks in either direction of the main city area. I hope this helps.

new jersey
Level Contributor
226 posts
86 reviews
5. Re: Parking

Thanks helpful info. We found free parking. Just realized this was 3 yrs ago and we will be going for another day trip this summer,

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Parking

2018 question …. I have a miniwinnie 20 feet long and after i check out of campground i want to come to stone harbor for a few hours … is there parking for this vehicle somewhere ?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Parking

did you ever get an answer on this? I was looking to rent an rv, 25 footer, and wondering about parking restriction in stone harbor on streets and lots with that size vehicle

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
8. Re: Parking

Parking can be a challenge but one benefit I just discovered (after half a century visiting here) is that a handicapped pass gives the holder free parking.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Parking

not yet but i did park my car in muni lot on 95th and saw a 33 footer or better parked on the street paying for 3 meters ..1.00 per hour x3 from 9-5 then free ..but he sisnt stay long so unknown

Reply to: Parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stone Harbor