We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After hours beach?

Panama, New York
3 posts
After hours beach?

Are you permitted on the beach after hours to walk? We would not be going in the water.... thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,276 posts
118 reviews
1. Re: After hours beach?

I found this as having been adopted in 2017::

"The beach in Seaside Heights will have more lifeguard coverage, until 9 p.m. on weekend nights during the summer season that starts with Memorial Day weekend, but will be completely closed off to the public during off-hours, except to fisherman. Beach tags will be required during the open hours."

Panama, New York
3 posts
2. Re: After hours beach?

Thank you... didn’t realize this until after I booked a vacation for my family... my son will be disappointed...

Sussex, New Jersey
Level Contributor
168 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: After hours beach?

I'm confused. You booked a vacation down the shore but only want to touch the sand after hours?

Seaside Heights does have random night time activities. If you can not find it on the internet, contact them:

http://www.seaside-heightsnj.org/

Also, don't forget, Seaside Park is a separate town and right next to Seaside Heights.

https://www.seasideparknj.org/

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
75 reviews
4. Re: After hours beach?

To go beyond what JJ said, if you want to walk the beach after hours just drive a few blocks down the Seaside Park. I think they stop requiring beach badges after 5 or 6pm but the beach is still open.

NJ
Level Contributor
101 posts
359 reviews
5. Re: After hours beach?

Parts of New Jersey shore that we have visited certainly allow people on the beach after lifeguards have left. But do not swim. Most reported drownings are after hours swimming. The New Jersey shore is some of the best beach in the world, but the ocean is NOT a pool. If you go to Belmar and other beaches you will certainly see surfers out after hours, but always in groups. Why not go during the day and get in the water? Warm this time of year and beach badges not that expensive.

Panama, New York
3 posts
6. Re: After hours beach?

We are planning on going during the day.... guess I should have made it more clear.... my son wants to be able to go after hours with hopes to see the ghost crabs at night... he tries to catch them... thank you all for the responses!

Reply to: After hours beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights
Recent Conversations