We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EWR to Princeton late night arrival

California
Level Contributor
98 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
EWR to Princeton late night arrival

I am arriving late night this Friday (12:30 am flight arrival) at EWR and want to go to Princeton (Hyatt Regency). What's the best mode of transport? Train? Airport-shuttle? I am not familiar with the area.

Mentioned in this post
Hyatt Regency Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
1,063 Reviews
Princeton, NJ
Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,545 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EWR to Princeton late night arrival

There are no trains that late. The hotel does not offer a fee shutlle. Your best bet may be to rent a car, as you will probably need one anyway. Have you checked the hotel's web site? There is 3rd party shuttle information there.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: EWR to Princeton late night arrival

There is a train at 12:16am, 1:06am, 1:45am on Friday nights.

If your plane is not delayed and you don't have to wait for your luggage, you should be able to make the 1:45am train.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,545 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EWR to Princeton late night arrival

bwaynyc,

Good catch. I forgot about Fridays. Still, the hotel isn't anywhere near the train station. The 1:45 train, assuming he makes it, gets in at 2:30 a.m. Getting a cab at that time could be "interesting". Princeton rolls up the streets pretty early.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,144 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EWR to Princeton late night arrival

There are cabs at the train station. My cousin is the head conductor on the 1:06. Here are a few links.

www.njtransit.com

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28951-i77-k296347…

California
Level Contributor
98 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EWR to Princeton late night arrival

Thanks for everyone's responses so far. The hotel does not have a shuttle from the Princeton train station at this hour. The only option I have found so far is State Shuttle which charges $33, which is not too bad. The only hesitation I have is that the lady on the phone said that the last service is at 1:15 am, but their website mentions I can only get private service for $120 at that hope. I hope the lady is right!

6. Re: EWR to Princeton late night arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2011, 12:48