We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hopewell Area restaurants

Hopewell, NJ
6 posts
Hopewell Area restaurants
Save

I've eaten at many area restaurants but am wondering if I'm missing some local, hidden favorites. Looking for family oriented and adult type places. Also like Lambertville. Any suggestions?

Pjk
Plainsboro, New...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
43,339 posts
149 reviews
213 helpful votes
1. Re: Hopewell Area restaurants
Save

If you don't mind driving to Plainsboro a new Italian restaurant has just opened, Positano's, 5 Schalks Crossing Rd. I've been trying to eat there every Sunday and the food is great, especially the pasta with red clam sauce and both the hot and cold appitizers. I have to try the chicken and veal dishes. BYO.

Pjk

Hopewell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
61 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Hopewell Area restaurants
Save

The Blue Bottle Cafe in Hopewell has exceptional food and a nice atmosphere. Call for a reservation if you plan on going during a weekend. It's a very popular place, and deservedly so.

NJ
Level Contributor
409 posts
18 reviews
19 helpful votes
3. Re: Hopewell Area restaurants
Save

It's Nutts on rt 29 inTitusville. Not much to look at from outside, being a 60's ice cream stand---but family oriented & friendly, full of locals. Right on canal too--well, across the street. Great for walking up for ice cream if walking along the canal (there is a window on other side of building)---fine for simple supper when you don't feel like cooking, they do pizza too (though haven't tried it)---fun to sit outside in good weather. He also has pasta dishes & menu of "real dinner" items, although not high end. Also has burgers & fries for the kiddies (or adults). BYOB.

He wanted to get rid of the "broasted" chicken but there was a local outcry. Fried chicken, if you are in the mood for it.

Inn of the Hawke in Lambertville -- not a large menu but things for vegetarians too. Menu changes weekly.

Hopewell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
81 reviews
133 helpful votes
4. Re: Hopewell Area restaurants
Save

Our favorite is The Cafe at Rosemont... really just a 20-minute drive from Hopewell... drive through Lambertville and Stockton and then take the left fork after the mill. There's a sign to Rosemont leading off to the right.

Wed. night is the best... it's their Eat Globally, Drive Locally night, a $22 fixed-price three-course meal chosen to represent a different country or region of the world each week. Menus are online at http://www.cafeatrosemont.com/

Hopewell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
81 reviews
133 helpful votes
5. Re: Hopewell Area restaurants
Save

Oops... I see the Eat Globally price has gone up to $24 now. Still a good deal. BYOB.

6. Re: Hopewell Area restaurants

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Hopewell
Recent Conversations