We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown area or shopping /restaurants in Brigantine?

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Downtown area or shopping /restaurants in Brigantine?

Hello all. We are considering a family vacation this summer to the south end of Brigantine. I understand that Brigantine is a quiet town, ( which is what I am looking for) , but is there any type of downtown area with little shops, restaurants etc? If so, what is there and where is it located? I know that AC is right over bridge and Borgata /harrahs is there to and they have nice restaurants, but we may not always want to go there with our kids. We may want a local joint with great seafood on the island. Please educate me.

Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
port republic
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Downtown area or shopping /restaurants in Brigantine?

not really a "downtown", but there is a cluster of businesses on the south end near the lighthouse circle and the acme strip mall, and another2 block cluster around 12th st s near Joes market and city hall. there is a great farmers market there on Sat mornings. there are some pubs a seafood joint, restaurants and take out.

you never have to leave the island unless you want to.

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Downtown area or shopping /restaurants in Brigantine?

Thank you that's helpful...can you tell me offhand what type of stores are in that acme shopping center ?

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Downtown area or shopping /restaurants in Brigantine?

There is a bank, a dollar general, a beauty supply store... wait, wait. I hope I'm not typing stuff that is gone. I know the Burger King is gone. Hmmm, I'll stop there. REALLY close to that Acme [Oh~mah~garsh! I almost typed 'Acme' with a 'k', ya know, like ack~a~me] is a great sushi place named Yuki~Hana http://www.brigantineyukihana.com/ I drive over to Brigantine for their sushi

Brigantine, New...
Level Contributor
980 posts
117 reviews
4. Re: Downtown area or shopping /restaurants in Brigantine?

Brigantine is a really compact island as you've read with two main areas of commercial offerings. On the south end in one complex you have an Acme, a Rite Aid, some dollar stores, St. George's Pub with a restaurant, bar, and take-out, Great Wall Chinese take-out, TD Bank, and a dry cleaner, beauty store and right next door to this area is our Post Office.

As soon as you approach the lighthouse circle you'll see The Cove restaurant and bar with take-out, continuing north there is a CVS, and to your left Cellar 32 (restaurant, bar, and take-out goods) On your right is a sundries and gift shop, Casale al Mare with an espresso bar and Italian specialty items. Next on your left is Aversa Bakery and Richmond's Ice Cream and Burgers where you might find some live music, and Primo's Pizza and Ace Hardware.

In the few block "downtown" you'll find Yianni's Care, Andres which is both a take-out pizza and sub shop and a dine in full menu restaurant, several shops, and Ocean Beverage the largest liquor store on the island.

There is a smaller supermarket Joe's with some great take-out items and a new offering opening this spring SoulBerri with Acai bowls, smoothies, and frozen coffee drinks right next door to The Crab Shack which is both a fresh seafood market and has a dining room as well.

If you turn right onto 14th Street while driving north on Brigantine Blvd. you will come to a timeshare property with a separate dining and bar operation The Laguna Grill and Rum Bar. They have indoor and outdoor beachfront dining and a variety of entertainment options.

You'll see several churches continuing north and at the far end of the island is a longtime favorite The Pirate's Den right across from the seawall. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner it is BYOB.

Back towards the southern end if you go to the left by Primo's Pizza you will see another restaurant Mad Dog Morgan's open for breakfast and lunch only and a few more blocks down in the 3300 block of Brigantine Ave. there is an old style family owned butcher Ernest & Sons with a take-out sandwich menu and catering options too. If you are firing up a grill you have to go there and see why they were featured on Diners, Dine-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network.

Next door is Aunt B's Ice Cream and across the street is Hooper's Seafood Café which also has a fresh seafood market and a restaurant.

Continuing south on Brigantine Blvd to 42nd Street on your right opposite the Community Center there is a miniature golf course. If they are not included with your rental you can get your beach tags at the Beach Fee Office on the far left side of the Community Center or from the Beach Tag Inspectors walking the beaches.

Have a great time!

Blackwood, New...
1 post
5. Re: Downtown area or shopping /restaurants in Brigantine?

there are little shops on the island and a farmers market on saturdays during the summer which is very nice. Some restaurants we like are Hoopers for Seafood, the Cellar has a nice variety, the Pirates Den is by far our favorite for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Another favorite Italian Restaurant that has good seafood is in Atlantic City near the outlets called Angelos. This place does get crowded in the summer. We love Brigantine because it is our calm and lovely breezy beach without tons of crowds. The people are so friendly here too. Your blood pressure goes down the minute you start crossing the bridge from the marina into Brigantine.

Enjoy our island! you will not be disappointed!

Reply to: Downtown area or shopping /restaurants in Brigantine?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brigantine