We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windrifter Resort

new jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Windrifter Resort

has anyone stayed at the Winddrifter Resort in Wolfeboro, NH

4 replies to this topic
North Billerica...
Level Contributor
4 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windrifter Resort

Hi Becky,

I stay at the Windrifter Resort quite often. Really; it's not a "resort" in the true sense of the term, however the main Inn is very quaint. There are several buildings that make up the resort which is located approx. one mile from downtown proper. The small and large villas are basic motel rooms with full kitchens and Murphy beds, reasonably priced but not fancy; they are clean, basic accomodations located right beside a golf course (convenient, if you play, and the food at the Golf Club was very good and great prices as I recall).

I've never stayed in a room at the Main Inn. However I have also stay at their "Yacht Club" building which also basic, clean with full kitchens these units are located more centrally to downtown. I love these unit; directly on the Lake w/nice views; located appropriately on Lake Street. From the rooms you can watch the boats and the Mount Washington pull in and out of the Bay. I personally prefer these units although all the common amenities (including pool) are located at the main Inn up the street. I love the town of Wolfeboro, I hope you decide to visit; bring your bikes, there are some great bike paths. Wolfeboro is a very quaint, safe small town, visitor friendly. I'm glad to answer any other questions you may have!

Manchester
Level Contributor
8 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windrifter Resort

Stayed at the Windrifter the week of June 16. There were 6 of us, 3 rooms in the building that's along the 5th hole on he golf course. I agree with the comment made about this not being a resort. It's more of an Inn. The rooms V22 24 and 25 were on the second floor of a building that faces the golf range. The rooms are the size of a typical motel room. The small kitchenette is nice to have if you are staying more than a few days. The rooms themselves are dated, carpets flooring, appliances, sinks counters faucets are more than 20 years old. Our tub and shower unit looked newer. The rooms are clean. Room V22 refrigerator motor is very noisy. The rooms have lovely balconies. All 6 of us were able to sit out and enjoy the view. The staff is awesome, check in and check out were a breeze. Murphy beds are small, about the size of a double bed ( not as big as a queen), and seem short. My fiancé is 6'3 and his feet hung off. If you play golf, the Kingswood course is very nice. Not the cheapest around but not outrageous. Pro shop was professional. They have a nice restaurant on site Club 59. Downtown is a 5 minute drive or 20 min walk, Over all this property was what I expected. Not modern, but clean and welcoming. Would stay here again.

Lowell...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Windrifter Resort

I stayed at the resort not too long ago, and I was very surprised. The rooms were spotless and the staff was friendly. The only downside was the management. I personally overheard a young man I think they called him Jason, management, yelling at a young staff member on several occasions. I think he was rude and unreasonable. He should be grateful for such a good staff.

Franklinville, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Windrifter Resort

This place is a complete dump. do not waste your money or your time staying here. They are not accommodating at all. The best they are willing to do is let you use a computer to find another place to stay. If you stay you will have to walk around the room bent over because of the angles in the ceiling. they say they have internet but there is no reception. The connection is like dialup. It is far from the lake and from town. It is very old and dirty. You are better off staying in the comfort of your own home. I would not wish this place on your worst enemy. Have I said "do not stay here yet?" After taking my only vacation and planning a week here, we stayed one night and left the next morning after driving all day. We paid for an entire week and only stayed one night.

Reply to: Windrifter Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wolfeboro