We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lobster near Portsmouth New Hampshire?

Boston MA
Level Contributor
27 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
lobster near Portsmouth New Hampshire?

I would like to take my daughter and clan (one of whom does not like seafood) to a restaurant that includes good lobster. They are staying in Portsmouth. I would appreciate any recommendations! Thanks in advance.

port republic
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lobster near Portsmouth New Hampshire?

In dover, Newicks lobster house is an old school waterfront place that has been there for decades. great views a big operation, not fine dining, with some rave reviews and some disappointed diners. I recall some very nice fish and chips. lobster , of course, is the mainstay. check the reviews

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,893 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lobster near Portsmouth New Hampshire?

Take the short ride across the bridge to Warren's Lobster House in Kittery, Maine. Perennnial local favorite, varied menu (sandwiiches, smaller servings, full dinners) including some chicken and beef as well as lots annd lots of seafood options. Last time I checked, their website included their menu..

Mentioned in this post
NH
Level Contributor
3,590 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lobster near Portsmouth New Hampshire?

In Portsmouth I don't think you would find a bad meal! ..Lobsters in abundance!

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lobster near Portsmouth New Hampshire?

I would second Warren's. It will offer that right combination of the whole lobsta experience for those who want, and a more traditional menu for those who don't. The food is good and they have a great salad bar.

5. Re: lobster near Portsmouth New Hampshire?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2016, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Portsmouth