We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Plus by Wyndham question!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
665 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western Plus by Wyndham question!

Has anyone stayed here? Would you recommend it? Which size room should be ok for us (2 adults, 14yo boy, 10yo girl)? Is there a fridge in the rooms? I believe there are microwaves ... is it a pleasant walk into the town?

Looking to stay somewhere for 4 nights in July and have this on hold. Was also considering Anchorage Suites across the road ...

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Plus by Wyndham question!

The BW and the Anchorage are walkable, but not close. They are more on the outskirts. But I am sure they are a lot less expensive than the hotels in downtown - Sheraton, Hilton Garden Inn, Marriott Residence and I think there is a Courtyard. Also a couple of inns and B&Bs. As for fridge, you can usually request that when you make your reservation, but they may not be able to guarantee it.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
665 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western Plus by Wyndham question!

Thanks - I will check the prices of the others in case I can get a decent deal ... I'd prefer a quick walk into the town if we are going to be there for 4 nights ...

NH
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western Plus by Wyndham question!

July is prime vacation season but if you can find your way to stay at one of the suggested hotels, you will be much happier. It is such a walkable town!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
665 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western Plus by Wyndham question!

Thank you ... just considering a B&B in Gloucester as an alternative ... really stuck as we know nothing of the area!

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Western Plus by Wyndham question!

Portsmouth is a great town. If you cannot afford to pay the downtown hotel prices, you can always drive into town from the abundant less expensive places in NH and Maine, just across the bridge. Parking on the street can be tough, but I almost always get a spot. And there is a parking garage that is pretty cheap. This is still Portsmouth, not Boston or New York City.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
665 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Western Plus by Wyndham question!

We don't want to run to the higher end prices as we are embarking on a five week road trip and we don't know what will come our way! we just want a pool to use and to be within walking distance of restaurants/brewhouses ...

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Western Plus by Wyndham question!

By the way, Ped, there is a great water park that your kids and you all will love. It is south on Rte 1, about 2 or 3 miles south of the BW. There are tons of great water slides, a wave pool, lazy river. Great fun for a day. It is called Water Country. They are on the web.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,157 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Western Plus by Wyndham question!

The Anchorage and the BW are both right off the highway, you can see them from the highway on the edge of Portsmouth. When we stayed at the Anchorage, we drove the mile into town. It is really close. It is more fun to stay in downtown Portsmouth so you can pop out of the door straight into the action, but that is why all those hotels are $$$.

9. Re: Best Western Plus by Wyndham question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2016, 10:46