We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottage INCLUDING motor boat on Lake Winnipesaukee

Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Cottage INCLUDING motor boat on Lake Winnipesaukee

One of my favorite family vacations as a child (30+ years ago) was when we rented a cottage for a few days on Lake W which included a small motor boat for our use on the Lake. I'd love to take my kids on a similar such vacation next summer but I have no idea where to begin, and can't recall the best areas to stay. The places I see for rent on the waterfront say slip access but I need them to provide the boat as well. Does anyplace still do this for a reasonable price?

4 replies to this topic
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,149 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottage INCLUDING motor boat on Lake Winnipesaukee

This AirBnb listing states that a powerboat may be rented from a local marina. This particular listing is a bit pricey, but there are lots of cheaper ones on the lake, so just book one with a dock and then rent the boat!

tps://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6994137?checkin=09%2F12%2F2015&checkout=09%2F19%2F2015&guests=3&s=VX7e

Oxford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
122 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cottage INCLUDING motor boat on Lake Winnipesaukee

Be aware that boats with over 25hp motors require a valid boat license in NH.

Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cottage INCLUDING motor boat on Lake Winnipesaukee

Thanks for the suggestion. A side rental may be the way to go.

Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottage INCLUDING motor boat on Lake Winnipesaukee

Good to know about the license. My parents actually had a boating license in NY so maybe there was reciprocity years ago. I'm not sure how big a boat you can get for under 25hp, but I am happy to rent a small motor boat if I can do that without the trouble of a license. I'm not looking for luxury cruising, just a way to get around the lake.

Reply to: Cottage INCLUDING motor boat on Lake Winnipesaukee
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moultonborough