We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa's Village in November

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
260 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Santa's Village in November

My family just got back from a trip to North Conway a couple of weeks ago. We had so much fun that I'm trying to convince my husband to spend Thanksgiving weekend there too. I'd like to spend two nights and spend a day at Santa's Village and go on Santa's Holiday Express on the Conway Railway another day before heading home. We'll be bringing our son who'll be a couple months shy of 3 and daughter who will be about 7 months old. How cold is it typically in the mountains at the end of November? I thought it would be a magical time of year of year to visit Santa's Village and go on the train. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Christine

8 replies to this topic
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,653 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa's Village in November

Temps in November can vary -- but if you plan on daytime high's between 20 and 40, you should be about right -- really can vary that much from day to day depending on sun/clouds, wind/no wind, etc.... Naturally considerably colder overnight... Snow on or around Thanksgiving is not all that uncommon... Probably won't stay if it does fall, but could definitely see some in the air that time of year...

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa's Village in November

We were there 2 yrs ago in Nov. Temps were around 25 and it was snowing. Grandkids had a great time.

NH
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa's Village in November

Christine-The end of November will be cold at Santa's Village. It is a magical time of the year, but I think your kids might be a little bit too young to be out in the cold. I guess it depends how far you are traveling. I like to bring our kids up to Santa's Village once in either November or December, but we only live about 2.5 hours away. The year my youngest was under 1, we skipped Santa's Village but did go on the Polar Express train ride (I think it leaves out of Lincoln).

If you decide to go to Santa's Village, just make sure you have snow suits, hats, mittens, etc.

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
260 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa's Village in November

Thanks for the responses. We'll be driving up from MA so it's about a 3-3 1/2 hour ride. My son is very into trains so I know he would absolutely love it, but I don't think it's worth making a trip just for that. My parents will also be joining us so we'll have an extra set of hands as far as scooping up the baby and getting her out of the cold. Are there opportunities to do that at Santa's Village or is everything outside? If not, are there other activities open during that time of year so we have something else to do if we scratch SV? Thanks.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
165 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa's Village in November

FYI -- Re-open for the weekends only after Thanksgiving...A must do!

Bologna, Italy
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa's Village in November

What about santa Claus Village at the end of October/ Beginning of Novemeber? There will be snow?

Thank you!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa's Village in November

There might be snow at that time, but probably not.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,100 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa's Village in November

FYI Santa's Village is open very limited hours after the first week of September: weekends only until just before Halloween and then totally closed until 21st November, when it reopens on weekends only until just before Christmas.

Reply to: Santa's Village in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jefferson