We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from White Mountains to White River Junction

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Traveling from White Mountains to White River Junction

We are planning our trip to US next year and want to go from Chocorua , New Hampshire to Montreal by bus. Greyhound buses go from White River junction in Vermont. Is there a bus to White river junction?

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Traveling from White Mountains to White River Junction

It's generally pretty hard to get around without a car. My first question would be "how are you getting to Chocorua? And what are you going to do there without a car?" You may want to consider getting a car if possible. If you do, keep in mind that you'll want to clear it with your rental car company that you're taking the car out if the country.

What's your entire itinerary... it may help us figure out other options.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
2. Re: Traveling from White Mountains to White River Junction

Thanks. We are from Australia and we are planning to visit Western Canada first (Vancouver,Rockies) followed by an Alaskan cruise. We finish in Seattle and then we are flying to Boston.From there we are catching a bus to Portsmouth. My Aunt lives in Chocorua and will pick us up from there. We were then hoping to get to Montreal/Quebec and then back home via Vancouver. Getting to Montreal seems to be the difficult part. I would prefer not to have to go back to Boston and fly.

Any thoughts?

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Traveling from White Mountains to White River Junction

I did not do too much research on this, but Greyhound has a bus that runs from Manchester NH. It's probably the same bus you referenced in White River Junction. I don't know if there are other bus companies with other schedules. From Chocorua, the closest "big city" is North Conway. There may be bus service from there.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,373 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: Traveling from White Mountains to White River Junction

Can you get your aunt to bring you to WRJ or Hanover, NH? Took a look at the greyhound bus schedule which leaves NC- goes back to Boston and then back north to Montreal. 13 hours of travel. So, that makes no sense. East -West transportation in Northern NE is very limited. Greyhound does run from n. conway to white river jct, but takes 8 hours for that trip. Not sure what to tell you.

5. Re: Traveling from White Mountains to White River Junction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2011, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Chocorua