We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon helicopter trip -Cancel due to adverse weather?

Sheffield, England...
12 posts
Save Topic
Grand Canyon helicopter trip -Cancel due to adverse weather?

Hi guys I want to book the Grand Canyon helicopter trip before I travel in December, However I'm worried that if the weather is bad the trip will be cancelled and I could possibly lose my money.

Does the trip regularly run in winter?

I'm booking from the UK so am already worried about booking it in advanced.

Could I book it when i'm there or will it be too late or too expensive?

Thanks

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon helicopter trip -Cancel due to adverse weather?

I guess it depends on how many days you will be in Vegas. We booked ours while there. It was in August a couple of years ago and we couldn't get the date we originally wanted so had to change our plans a little. It all worked out though.

I

Sheffield, England...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon helicopter trip -Cancel due to adverse weather?

We're only there for 5 days so could be pushing it if we leave it... Just don't want to lose any money.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon helicopter trip -Cancel due to adverse weather?

There's plenty of opportunity to book your tours in your 5 days in Vegas....weather is a big consideration for helicopter and airplane tours ...not as big for the ground tours to either side of the Grand Canyon, I don't think....my last tour to the GC was in March 2012 with Pink Jeep Tours to the South Rim from Vegas, and it snowed....wasn't a big deal,though,because we felt safe in the SUV that they use. Plus, the snowfall ended right when we arrived at the Grand Canyon National Park. It made for a pretty cool scenery out there ...never seen the Canyon in snow before.

But yes, you can book the tour here. Lots of chances to book it online or with a booth along the Strip.

4. Re: Grand Canyon helicopter trip -Cancel due to adverse weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 09:46