We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nervous about doing trip report. Should I go for it?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Nervous about doing trip report. Should I go for it?

I'm new to this. Did a trip this April and would like to do a trip report but everyone elses are so witty.

Shall I give it a go?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
804 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nervous about doing trip report. Should I go for it?

Oh just do it. I can't go to Vegas until at least September. Need to live vicariously thru others until then!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,380 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nervous about doing trip report. Should I go for it?

Give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nervous about doing trip report. Should I go for it?

I just write down what we did.

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
640 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nervous about doing trip report. Should I go for it?

Why not?

Most people on this forum who read and reply to trip reports are complimentary and encouraging.

You don't really have to be witty. After all, it's YOUR Vegas trip and you're entitled to your memories and opinions.

And even if yours isn't the most engaging TR ever posted? What can they really DO to you? As my wife likes to say, "They can kill you, but they CAN"T eat you!"

Plant City, Florida
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nervous about doing trip report. Should I go for it?

Go for it. I can't write worth a hoot and all I received was positive feedback. People here just want to read anything they can about Vegas.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,567 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nervous about doing trip report. Should I go for it?

Go to it let us know how you enjoyed Vegas.

Benbrook, Texas
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nervous about doing trip report. Should I go for it?

Get typing :) We enjoy reading TR's since it helps us get through waiting for another Las Vegas trip. The information in your TR can help someone decide what to do or what not to do.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,617 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nervous about doing trip report. Should I go for it?

We have some really boring trips to Las Vegas. And if they are boring to us imagine how they must seem to others! But I still always post Trip Reports. I do this partly for myself and a few friends, but mostly to be read by others.

Even if I end up writing about the same hotels and restaurants as previous trips, my report might include some details that may be of help to others.

I gain a lot from reading and posting on this forum, and my Trip Reports are one of the ways I can thank and repay those who have helped me enjoy my own Vegas experiences.

Mass
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nervous about doing trip report. Should I go for it?

Don't worry about it or compare it to others. Mine are boring but I write them anyways. Some people up here I swear are aspiring novelists. I also think there are occasional embellishments. We are not all high rollers, big drinkers, fancy eaters.

Whatever your report contains will ring true to some others up here no matter what is in it.

Just remember to use paragraphs. It is easier to write it in word and copy/paste it then to try to drag it over a week posting it here.

England
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Nervous about doing trip report. Should I go for it?

I'm just in the middle of writing my first TR

Probably seem boring to others but it's a way of re-living the whole experience, which now seems like a lifetime ago despite being back at home for only a week!