We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed in a Flamingo Go Room with a View lately?

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed in a Flamingo Go Room with a View lately?

We've been lucky enough to get a comp'd room from April 5-9 as we booked 3-4 months ago. We have booked a room with 2 queens as the kids will be with us on this trip.

Has anyone stayed in a 2 Queen GO room with a View lately? I'm hoping they're alot better than the new FAB rooms which are receiving terrible feedback!

NC
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed in a Flamingo Go Room with a View lately?

I stayed in one in December and it was very nice. A few scuffs here and there on the baseboards etc, not too bad. Had a southern strip view with the best view of the fountains I've ever had.

However, I had a terrible time w checking into the room as there were no queens available. The same deal you need. Remember you have only requested 2 queens, not booked them. Hopefully you won't spend precious Vegas time repeatedly checking to see if your room request is available yet. I think I had to check 5 times I think before I ever got the proper room.

U.S.A.
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed in a Flamingo Go Room with a View lately?

I stayed in a comp'ed GO Room last year.

It had a pinkish tone to it; very roomy; mirror on the ceiling.

I had a view overlooking the Wildlife Habitat.

I loved it!

AZ
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed in a Flamingo Go Room with a View lately?

How old are your kids? The bathroom doors are kind of a deal breaker for me with more than just me and hubs in the room. They are frosted glass and do not afford much privacy. Seems like with younger children it would not be a problem (as you never get any privacy anyway! ;) but with teens and young adults it would stress me out a little bit.

The Go rooms are much cooler with the auto drapes and techno stuff but the Fab rooms at least have a real bathroom door - albeit to a small, dumpy bathroom.

Boston...
Level Contributor
306 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed in a Flamingo Go Room with a View lately?

Agree with laketime on the bathroom. Besides the frosted glass, there is no lock on the door either. Otherwise a nice room and the view can't be beat.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed in a Flamingo Go Room with a View lately?

Booked my 7th stay at the Flamingo in the last 4 years. 1st 2 stays were in the std room which wasn't bad but nothing special. The Dec that they had the snowstorm they gave me a strip view 'cause they had no others ready when I checked in. The view directly across the Caesars was neat but it's really not that big of a deal. The one odd thing was periodically I kept hearing this Rumble till I finally realized that it was the sound from the Mirage Volcano booming up the strip! Since then I've always stayed in the GO rooms but don't feel like paying the xtra for the strip view. I just ask for an outside room instead of inside facing the gardens and the view towards Bally's is good enough, you can still see part of Paris & the Eiffel Tower and the Bellagio lake up the way as well. Best features for me are the fridge and the DVD player. I don't know of Any other places in LV that have a DVD player, that'll be good for the Kids.

Here's my Video from 2yrs ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XhFO-ftNQE

The Fab rooms don't look like that big of a deal, all I can see is they pulled up the carpet & put in hardwood floors and put in a flat screen TV. I don't see it as all that Fabulous.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed in a Flamingo Go Room with a View lately?

Later last year I stayed in a GO room. Normally my room ends in 24-26 or so - near the front with south facing view - normally great view of fountains. This last trip I had the one furthest south on the 'front' side of the building. It still had a fountain view but you had to sit at a bit of an angle to see it. This room also had no tub, but the shower was at least double normal size.

I love the GO rooms - some wear going on but still very enjoyable. I had a loose handle on the bathroom door so I just used my key to 'tighten' the screw/bolt. I could have called maintenance but it took me about 12 seconds to tighten it up. For someone else this might be the end of the world lol.

In my last room the toilet was still behind the wall between bedroom & bathroom - so you wouldn't see the shadow of whoever was sitting or standing by the toilet. Doesn't bother me a bit.

My curiousity is if they have replaced the hallway carpet yet.

Edited: 12 March 2012, 06:34
Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone stayed in a Flamingo Go Room with a View lately?

I just stayed in one last Sunday night. 17th floor - view of Caesar's. I thought the room was very nice, but I was solo. I guess the frosted glass wouldn't give much privacy in the bathroom.

Didn't notice the hallway carpet.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
592 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone stayed in a Flamingo Go Room with a View lately?

Stayed in one last July, had a great view of the Fountains we were on the "side" near the front of the hotel (on the Bally's side) and you could see all the way down the strip. Room was nice, it was a fun stay.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone stayed in a Flamingo Go Room with a View lately?

I was in that room last month Feb 23-26 and this was my first time at Flamingo Go room and I was really pleased. I thought the room was nice and updated, remote curtains, flat TV, 2 queen beds, cool headboards, the only downfall is the bathroom does lack privacy. The bathroom is close to the beds and its all glass shower doors. I was with 3 of my girlfriends and we just made it work, if you want noise privacy we just turned up the TV that is in the mirror in the bathroom and we were fine. :o)

I would stay there again in those rooms. Hope that helps :o)

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,975 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone stayed in a Flamingo Go Room with a View lately?

Great vid BaltimoreBartman, very informative. Can you remember which floor you were on?