We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy Hour at American Fish

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Happy Hour at American Fish

Have been reading about this on TA through forum search. Saw where many people said they might try it.

Has anyone been recently and can you tell me about your experience?

Sounds like a great deal, and I don't mind eating early. We usually do.

Thanks!!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
480 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy Hour at American Fish

I was there last August. It was okay to good overall. The Happy Hour menu is a good deal for drinks but the happy hour menu is rather limited. They're essentially appetizers/tapas. Price is 1 for $8, 2 for $15, 3 for $22, 4 for $28. You can check out their menu on their website. There's only about 9 items (not including deserts) on the happy hour menu to choose from. Taste wise the food was good.

I went there with my girlfriend for the purpose of grabbing a bite to eat and not dinner. We picked the 3 for $22 option. We had a bit of trouble picking 4 plates we were interesting in trying out. Anyhow, we averaged about 3 bites each for each plate. =P

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy Hour at American Fish

Thanks VegasHowie! Appreciate the info.

I thought that during Happy Hour (5 to 7), the items were 5 dollars apiece, not the regular menu price. If it were that, you could get 4 for 20 dollars instead of 28 and I thought that would be an excellent deal.

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy Hour at American Fish

Pricey for a Tapas happy hour.

Leeds England
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy Hour at American Fish

Did this last May and the price was $5 per item.

Limited menu but extremely tasty.Lobster corn dogs and the mac n' cheese were particularly good.Beer (Stella) was also good value at $5 a glass.

Great option for us on the first night arriving when after a long flight you're not really hungry and body clock all over the place.Planning to do it again when I stay at Aria in April.

Bermuda
Level Contributor
335 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Happy Hour at American Fish

arialasvegas.com/files/dining/American-Fish-…

Palm Springs Area
Level Contributor
585 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Happy Hour at American Fish

My sisters and I did their HH last August. It was $5 each item. Yes, the menu was a tad limited, but the bites are delicious! The shrimp and grits were outstanding. The bartender didn't win any personality awards, but the food made up for that. I would def go again.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,127 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Happy Hour at American Fish

We were there in June; $5 tapas & stellas.

LOVED the mac & cheese and shrimp & grits, too!!!

Avoid the tuna...very small for the price, maybe half an index card.

Duck pate was NOT foie gras...more of a mousse.

We had a GREAT bartender, very personable.

8. Re: Happy Hour at American Fish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2013, 14:51