We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get safely from the Strip to Fremont street?

Montreal
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Topic
How to get safely from the Strip to Fremont street?

We will stay on the Strip and rent a car. We would like to spend a few hours on Fremont street one night (6 PM to 10 PM).

What is the safest way to get there? Friends told us they parked there and where not comfortable walking back to their car at night.

If you recommend we take our car and park there, where should we park?

USA
Level Contributor
939 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get safely from the Strip to Fremont street?

Personally, I hate driving in Las Vegas (other than heading out of town on day trips.)

When I go dowtown, I take a cab or the bus (Deuce). Cab is a little spendy (likely $25 or so each way), Deuce bus is $3 each way or get an all day pass...for a little more.)

Boston
Level Contributor
24,384 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get safely from the Strip to Fremont street?

valet your car at the Golden Nugget

Of course you should take your car.

Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get safely from the Strip to Fremont street?

Use the Valet at the Rush Tower entrance on the back side of the Golden Nugget, it's free, easy to get to, and perfectly safe.

Go up Main St., hang a right at the bus station on Carson St. and it's right there.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get safely from the Strip to Fremont street?

I would recommend to take a cab there, easier than trying to find a parking spot in the parkade, and not an expensive ride either. I have done both drive there and take a cab, and prefer the cab ride.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
28 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get safely from the Strip to Fremont street?

From the strip, catch either the Deuce or the SDX. The SDX is much faster, but it can be a very crowded ride. The Deuce makes a lot of stops, but it is more comfortable. The bus stops are about 100 feet from Fremont Street itself, and there were RTC officers at the stops after dark. For $7.00, it's a good deal.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get safely from the Strip to Fremont street?

Taxi is easiest but most expensive

Valet at GN if you drive is best suggestion BUT if you are going to consume alcohol I would chose any other option

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,266 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get safely from the Strip to Fremont street?

Personally, I'd take the bus. Lots of other tourists aboard. Let's you out in the heart of the Fremont action so you will be surrounded by fellow revelers. Don't have to worry about drinking & driving, fighting traffic, parking, or "uncomfortable" walks to the parking lot. Then hop back on an head back to the Strip when ready.

The SDX is an express bus that you can catch at several locations on the Strip - MB, MGM, Paris, Wynn - and makes few stops on the way downtown.

You can also opt for the Deuce - a double decker - that stops at virtually every Strip property on the way downtown but provides you with a nice tour from the upper windshield seat locations. You can catch it about anywhere along the Strip.

If you're staying south strip, the WAX will whisk you via the freeway downtown from the stop next to NYNY.

$7 each for an unlimited 24 hour pass. May come in handy if you want to run up to a mall or other attraction the next day.

www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/route/

San Diego...
Level Contributor
22,785 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get safely from the Strip to Fremont street?

If you dont have a designated driver and plan on drinking leave the car at your hotel.

Just jump in a cab. I personally would never take a bus so I would never recommend anyone take a bus.

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get safely from the Strip to Fremont street?

Police cruiser?

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get safely from the Strip to Fremont street?

The only unsafe way I can think of is with a driver who is intoxicated.

Fremont is perfectly safe - driving is fine, although I prefer to take a cab. The Deuce is slow but a fine way to travel.