We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30th Birthday in Vegas.... what to do?

Gaithersburg...
2 posts
Save Topic
30th Birthday in Vegas.... what to do?

I'm going to Vegas the weekend of 10/9-10/11, we get there around 1pm on Saturday and we're leaving at the ungodly hour of 7am on Monday...

My mom and my aunt are springing for this trip because it's my 30th bday and they coming along as well.... I have never been...

So........

Any suggestions of what to do for the ridiculously short time while we are there?

Btw- we're staying at the Venetian thanks to a friend.

Any ideas, thoughts, fill-in the blanks, are greatly appreciated!!

Oh also- if anybody knows where we can get discount tickets for shows (the ladies would love to see Lion King) I'd appreciate that too!!

Thanks in advance!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30th Birthday in Vegas.... what to do?

Code for Lion King.....

smartervegas.com/shows/…ticketsdiscounts.aspx

There is so much to see, that you don't have to plan too much to do, especially if it's your first time. You'll want to spend the majority of your time walking around and seeing everything - each hotel is so different that you'll stay busy checking them out. Lots of shopping, great food, and awesome shows.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
40,379 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 30th Birthday in Vegas.... what to do?

I agree don't make plans. You don't have enough time. Do a little research and maybe pick one or two "must sees" like the Bellagio Fountains and Conservatory. Buy your show tickets. And then pretty much just walk around and take it all in.

Gaithersburg...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 30th Birthday in Vegas.... what to do?

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate it!!

I just got the tickets tonight for the Lion King- thanks for the link!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 30th Birthday in Vegas.... what to do?

I really enjoyed Legends in Concert. It's a really fun show and afterwards you can drink in the bars around the center strip because that is where it is. I'd go to the show, go to Bills after and buy a couple of dollar Margaritas....go watch the Bellagio fountains and then go gamble at Imperial Palace with the Dealertainers!

5. Re: 30th Birthday in Vegas.... what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2011, 14:29