We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellagio- is the lakeview room worth the extra $$?

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Bellagio- is the lakeview room worth the extra $$?

If I book the Bellagio, here are the prices for the days I will be traveling.

$179 for deluxe room

$209 for partial lakeview room

$229 for lakeview deluxe room

Is it worth the extra money just for the view?

For the partial lakeview, what exactly does that mean? Half view of the fountains, and the other half view of ??

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellagio- is the lakeview room worth the extra $$?

I've stayed lakeview and non lakeview. Is it worth the extra bucks? You betcha... It is wonderful to sit in your room watching the fountains with the music playing through the television. Go for it.

Southwest
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellagio- is the lakeview room worth the extra $$?

Yes. At least once.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,979 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellagio- is the lakeview room worth the extra $$?

Whether it's "worth it" depends on you; are you the "I just sleep and shower in my room" type? Then it's probably not worth it.

But the fact that you're asking in the first place suggests that you to some degree think that the room and by extension the view from the room has an impact on the quality of your experience. In that case, the Lakeview room is totally worth some extra $$$. The Bellagio is a beautiful hotel, but the Lakeview rooms are an extra special treat.

Couple of pix from a recent trip:

s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/DavidNJ/…

s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/DavidNJ/…

Now, is it worth $50/night? This is tougher. Last time I stayed I paid an extra $30 and thought it was worth it. For $50 I might have to think about it a little more, but would probably still go for it. You don't mention if it's your first trip, but if it is I would consider Lakeview one of your "vacation splurges."

I've never stayed in them, but I understand that some of the Spa Tower rooms are considered partial lakeview because you can't see the entire lake/fountain show; part of the view is blocked by the main Bellagio building.

Have a great trip!

Edited: 30 March 2010, 00:23
Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellagio- is the lakeview room worth the extra $$?

Are you using promo code: BPERF8 for your dates?

If you've never stayed in a LakeView room, then yes, I think it's worth the extra money.

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bellagio- is the lakeview room worth the extra $$?

It's your rip and your money, so you're the only one who will know if it's "worth the extra money just for the view." Ask yourself. Self, do I like viewing lakes and have $50 x (# of nights) to spend on that view? If the answer is yes, then it's worth it. If the answer is no, then it's not.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bellagio- is the lakeview room worth the extra $$?

If budget allows, then everyone should have the full lakeview room at least once!

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bellagio- is the lakeview room worth the extra $$?

DaveNJ2006, your pics spoke volumes!! And I am convinced to pay the extra money.

We were married in Vegas in 1995, came back in 2005, and again for our 15-yr. Last time we stayed at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay, but this time we want to be closer to the action.

CT, Thanks for the coupon code. I will try it tonight. I am signed up to get offers from Bellagio, but rarely get any. On the other hand, I am always getting them from every other place!

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bellagio- is the lakeview room worth the extra $$?

I called Bellagio and got clarification on the room views.

Deluxe- has a pool or sunset view

Partial lakeview- these rooms are on a higher floor but still have views of the fountains. They called them "partial views" because you might need to go to the window to see the show.

Lakeview deluxe- these rooms are on a lower level, so you should be able to see the fountains from bed, without having to get up!!

Which room type did you guys have? I am going with the lakeview, but now I need to decide on partial or full.

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bellagio- is the lakeview room worth the extra $$?

The only reason to stay at Bellagio is for a full view of the fountains.

Without the view, it's just another hotel.

Otherwise, it isn't worth it. For $230 you could problably stay at the Venetiian or Palazzo & have a much bigger, nicer room.

Dundee
Level Contributor
179 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bellagio- is the lakeview room worth the extra $$?

My wife and I stayed 8 nights at the Bellagio 4 years ago, asked how much for a lakeview deluxe room upgrade and were quoted $50/night plus taxes.

So I ask you how many nights are you thinking of staying, reason being an extra +$400 it is not worth staying at the Bellagio for the money, they are not the largest of rooms and are now starting to look a little tired, if only 1 or 2 nights might be o.k.

For the money, I would be be going to the Wynn, Palazzo and Venetian, far larger and better rooms.