We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet Access at Harrahs

michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Internet Access at Harrahs

does anyone know what Harrahs charges for internet access if you have your own computer?? Or is there a free wifi hotspot nearby??

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,367 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet Access at Harrahs

Unfortunately for you Harrahs is one of the hotels that does not charge a resort fee, and so does not provide complimentary internet access. There is a daily fee, I'm not sure of the amount.

If you would like a listing of hotels that provide internet access without daily fees amongst their amenities, run a search of hotels with resort fees.

Edited: 29 March 2010, 06:08
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
298 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet Access at Harrahs

isn't there any free areas in the lobbys?

michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet Access at Harrahs

in researching this some, it would appear there is a free wifi hotspot at the Venetian food court...isn't the Venetian next door to Harrahs??

canada
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet Access at Harrahs

Harrah's does charge $11.95 (as of Feb) for 24 hour internet access. The Venetian is an app. 5-10 minute walk from Harrah's (if indeed there is free wifi in the food court...I don't know).

For us, I feel it is worth it to pay the daily fee, rather than dragging the laptop/netbook around. JMO.

michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet Access at Harrahs

When you say $11.95 for 24 hour internet access.... Do you mean they will charge you $11.95 per day....or $11.95 per 24 hours of use of the internet (timed internet services)??

Mass
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet Access at Harrahs

Your 24 hours starts the minute you log on...my hubby has to bring his every trip...has to work even on vacation. Watch what time you log on the first time, it ends and you have to start again 24 hours later...so for example you know you are checking out at 9 am...try to start it so you are not paying for extra hours. If you start another 24 hour cycle at 6 am and you are checking out at 10 am..yup you are paying the full 24 hour charge for that 4 hour period. We always stay at HET properties...and hated places that charged resort fees...they are starting to look better to us now. Hubby hits the gym and uses the net so it costs us more.

michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Internet Access at Harrahs

yeah I heard the Gym is pretty expensive there too! Like $25 a day or something?? Any way to save money on the gym fees????

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internet Access at Harrahs

The gym is expensive because you get spa access. You do get discount on it based on your level in the players club.

As for hotels with resort fees, I think it's off base to call their internet access complimentary as you paid of it in the fee. You need to verify what type of access is covered in the resort fee as they don't all provide wireless service under the fee.

The only alternative to the in room service at Harrah's are the kiosks located through the hotel. They are good if you only need a few minutes access at a time.

I would also verify that WiFi is free at Wynn - that's the first time I've heard that.

michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Internet Access at Harrahs

Oh they have internet access KIOSKS in the hotel?? That's kinda cool!!! any idea how much those run??

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Internet Access at Harrahs

The booths I saw at Harrah's were at the back, near the monorail and, apart from not offering much privacy, looked really cramped. I can't remember the fee, just that it was too much to tempt me.

I took an iPod Touch with me and got free internet access at Roasted Coffee Bean in Miracle Mile - they have one in the Venetian as well.