We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Charlie Has Closed

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Charlie Has Closed

According to food critic John Curtas, Restaurant Charlie/Bar Charlie has shut its doors. Curtas had no love for the head honcho (Charlie Trotter), but I sure loved Bar Charlie!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,929 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Charlie Has Closed

JackandSally will be devastated, It's one of her favorites.

San Diego,Ca.
Level Contributor
7,236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Charlie Has Closed

Jackandsally,.......... hold on girl....life will be ok without Bar Charlie. :o)

This is the SECOND Charlie Trotter restaurant that has closed in Las Vegas due to slow bussiness.

In 1994 a restaurant called Charlie Trotters opened at MGM Grand and lasted about 1 year before it closed becuase it was around $200-$250/ per person to dine which was relatively alot of money back then for dinner.

I would not be surprised if Shaboo which is the $500/per person japanese restaurant inside Masa at Aria will be next to close?

Edited: 19 March 2010, 11:44
Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Charlie Has Closed

I have never eaten there, but I am always sad to read that another restaurant in Vegas has closed.

I am still mourning the loss of Andre's downtown (the original).

London
Level Contributor
711 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Charlie Has Closed

And Rumjungle has filed for bankruptcy protection!

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Charlie Has Closed

When I stayed at Palazzo got free cocktail coupon at check-in for Bar Charlie. We had our free cocktail and left. It was an arrogant, snooty place. The menu looked very interesting but way too expensive.

I still mourn the closing of Drai's restaurant.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
470 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Charlie Has Closed

Good riddance! (sorry not at all a Trotter fan)

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Charlie Has Closed

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

8. Re: Restaurant Charlie Has Closed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2010, 10:47