We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vernors Ginger Ale in Vegas

Not Near You
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
Vernors Ginger Ale in Vegas

I am a big fan of Vernors Ginger Ale, but unfortunately don't live in an area where it is sold. I just looked on the website and they are showing that its available at Von's in Nevada. Has anyone found this on the strip or in any place that is walkable from the strip. I don't think I am going to take a cab to a Von's, run inside, find the soda, go thru checkout and then cab it back to the strip.

Thanks!!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vernors Ginger Ale in Vegas

I've seen it in Las Vegas, but not in machines. Check the ABC store at the Fashion Show Mall or at PH.

Ohio
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vernors Ginger Ale in Vegas

Vernor's does have a distinct taste.

Ohio
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vernors Ginger Ale in Vegas

Vernor's site says its owned by 7 UP. the distributor is on W. Harmon,

phone 702 795 7770 and see if they will tell you any strip locations that get it.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vernors Ginger Ale in Vegas

OMG, I had Vernors for the first time on a flight from LA to Reno. I feel in love with the taste.

:->

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vernors Ginger Ale in Vegas

So, there I am, in a bowling alley bar in Michigan.

I order a Crown and ginger. The bartender replies, "Vernors". Not knowing what that means, I say, "Crown and ginger, please." You know, the magic word. Bartender again replies, "Vernors". "Vernors?" I ask. "Vernors", she replies. "Crown?" I ask. "Crown", she replies. "Ginger?" I ask. "Vernors", she replies. "Oh, so Vernors is ginger-ale?" I exclaim. The bar got real quiet. Some ugly biker dude shooting pool looked extra menacing in my direction. "Crown and Vernors" I ordered out of fear for my well-being.

That is some serious good ginger-ale. Never knew they had it in Vegas. Any Vegas bars pour it?

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vernors Ginger Ale in Vegas

Vernors is the best. Mom used to give it to us when we were kids and tummies were upset. Grew up and discovered a big scoop of vanilla ice cream really sent it over the top, then grew up some more and started with Vernors and Crown....wonder what would happen if I added the ice cream to that?

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
791 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Vernors Ginger Ale in Vegas

WOW, As a kid (Texan) in Michigan visiting the Grandmother we were exposed to Vernors. We didn't know what to think. That stuff is pretty intense for a kid used to the "old" Coke. LOL as stated above, the scoop of vanilla made everything right. I gotta get some now...it's been decades

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Vernors Ginger Ale in Vegas

Oh my, I am SO glad we have a car. I'll be making sure we stop at the store to pick some up for the room. Woo-hoo!

Snidely, that story was classic. Hmmm... we like gin and ginger ale. Not sure if that will work with Vernor's. Crown seems a much better bet.

Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vernors Ginger Ale in Vegas

Vernors is a Detroit original, a good tasting ginger ale familiar from when I was a kid.

Another top Detroit treat is Better Maid potato chips..a bit better tasting, just the right balance of oil and salt... than Lay's yellow-bag.

Are Better-Maid distributed in Vegas? They were rated top favorite of Penn Gillette in a mag feature.

Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vernors Ginger Ale in Vegas

(Better Made, I mean...there is a retro-dressed woman on the label, but the "maid" pun is not used)