We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who has my Bananas Foster?

Central MN
Level Contributor
294 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Who has my Bananas Foster?

Hi all,

I'm brand new to this - first post! (so be nice) I've been lurking for a few months getting ready for a trip in mid-August with a couple of friends. It's been 7 years since I've been to Vegas, this will be my 4th trip. I'd like to know where I can get good Bananas Foster on the strip. (Yes, I'm one of those people whose idea of a great vacation revolves around food) I had it several times last trip (when I first discovered it) at a couple of buffets and I know those places I had it no longer exist. Thanks for the info!

NJ
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Who has my Bananas Foster?

They had it at the Rio buffet last week. I didn't try it so I don't know how good it was, but it was there.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who has my Bananas Foster?

I don't know how you can have fresh flambeed Bananas Foster on a buffet, but whatever.

Where, that is what I would call a "throwback" dessert (along with Crepes Suzette and Cherries Jubilee) - I would check the old time restaurants like Hugo's, Binion's, even the Eiffel Tower and dare I say Circus Circus Steakhouse.

south carolina
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who has my Bananas Foster?

It's been a couple of years since I had it BUT I had breakfast one day at the Bellagio Cafe and ordered a "sampler" plate. Honestly, I can't remember anything that was on it except the Bananas Foster. There were noises coming from our table that made people turn and look. You would have thought we were having sex, it was exquisite!!! yummmm.

but as I said, have no idea if they still offer it.

South Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who has my Bananas Foster?

Last year we enjoyed the Ballys Sterling Brunch on Sunday morning. They had the best Bananas Foster I can remember. It was prepared for you by a chef and they used high quality spirits. If you want to have a culinary treat, go to this buffet. It's a little pricy, but worth every penny. Check it out on-line.

Central MN
Level Contributor
294 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Who has my Bananas Foster?

Thanks Michele that sounds great! I did a quick search for a menu there and couldn't find one. I did see that they are 24 hours - so good to know I can get it around the clock :) (If they still have it) I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for the fast reply chilione. I'm not sure if I'll make it to the Rio this trip, but good to know that's an option.

Warmwinds - Don't think I'll be darkening the doors of Circus Circus, and don't feel like shilling out $200+ again for the Eiffel Tower (who didn't have it by the way when I was there last), but thanks for the suggestions anyway. It gave me some ideas.

Central MN
Level Contributor
294 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Who has my Bananas Foster?

Mr TexTJ - I've always wanted to try that brunch - the price is a little steep though $75 a person? (According to lasvegasadvisor) For that price I'd better be camped out from start to end. We are traveling on a budget this trip, so we'll have to see if we can win a jackpot the night before. Wish me luck!

Port Charlotte...
Level Contributor
694 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who has my Bananas Foster?

The Bananas Foster at the rio buffet is not bad, considering its on the buffet and not cooked fresh. I will eat it every time.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,870 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who has my Bananas Foster?

You are correct that Eiffel Tower doesn't have Bananas Foster and neitehr do most French restaurants- it is a creole dish, not French. I think the Commander's Palace had it before they unfortunately closed , so that won't help you. One place that does have it I think is the Prime Rib Loft at the Orleans, though I have never tried it there.

I'm afraid you won't find it at Mon Ami Gabi either- as a matter of fact I think it will be rather hard to find in Las Vegas- Hugo's Cellar may have it - can't recall if they have Cherries Jubilee, Bananas Foster or both- they do flame something tableside, so check their menu online.

There just aren't many creole style restaurants in Las Vegas- pretty certain none of Emerils restaurants have it- though one of them makes a great banana cream pie.

9. Re: Who has my Bananas Foster?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 15:52