We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is the hoover dam from the strip???????????????????

London, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
How far is the hoover dam from the strip???????????????????

I was thinking of hiring a car one day when out in vegas and taking a nice trip to hoover dam/grand canyon. Can anyone tell me how far the hoover dam actually is from the strip as thats where we are staying. Also if it isnt too far aswell would like to drive to the grand cayon. How far is that away and is it easy to drive yourself.

Thanks

las vegas
Level Contributor
793 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is the hoover dam from the strip???????????????????

You can make it to the Hoover Dam in about 30 min, Grand Canyon in 4-5 hours. I've done it in a day & that's enough for me. As long as you don't want to hike the trails or do a lot of exploring you'll be fine. The drive is easy & once you get to the Canyon they have a free bus tour that will take you out along the edge.

USA
Level Contributor
718 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is the hoover dam from the strip???????????????????

If you feel driving to the Grand Canyon and returning the same day might be too much, you can try doing Hoover Dam and Valley of Fire. This can be done in just one day, with time to spare.

Going to Hoover Dam you can take I-515 or Boulder Hwy to Hwy 93. On the way back, return on Hwy. 93 but turn right at Lakeshore Rd. (SR-166). This borders Lake Mead. Take this road to Hwy 40 and that's Valley of Fire. Return to LV via I-15.