We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
33 reviews
49 helpful votes
Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas
Save

If you recently travelled from Vegas to Canada, where did you get your Covid Test in Vegas, how much $ and any problems receiving the Test results 72 hours before flight ?

103 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
74,743 posts
49 reviews
112 helpful votes
1. Re: Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas
Save

Lots of discussion on the topic here….

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k13622291-PCR_Tests_Canadians-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
33 reviews
49 helpful votes
2. Re: Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas
Save

Thank you. However it appears that discussion thread went in a different direction and started discussing flight cancellation and rebooking rather than what I am looking for.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Laughlin
Level Contributor
20,226 posts
2,828 reviews
1,111 helpful votes
3. Re: Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas
Save

Sorry, I can not help with Covid testing. I want all Canadians to return to Las Vegas ASAP. I was going to call you Canucks, but I saw this from Dictionary.com:

>>>a Canadian (sometimes derogatory in US use).

"as a true Canuck, Hayden loves pizza"<<<

I had know idea calling a Canadian a Canuck was a derogatory term? I guess I better stop going to Vegas Golden Knights games. LOL :D.

I also want to welcome back the Brits, Irish, Europeans, Asians, Brazilians and EVERYONE back to Las Vegas. We miss you.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
33 reviews
49 helpful votes
4. Re: Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas
Save

No problem Nitrodog … we have the Vancouver Canucks. If you could find a local news article or bulletin on Covid Tests for International Travellers would be great … and I’ll let you call me a Canuck when I’m there 😃

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
28 reviews
44 helpful votes
5. Re: Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas
Save

Reviv at cosmo $130. I know two guys who just got it done and TAT was less than 24 hours.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
33 reviews
49 helpful votes
6. Re: Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas
Save

Thank you Sir…

Manning, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
12 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas
Save

As a Canadian who travelled to Vegas at least once a year, mostly for a duration of four nights…or 96 hours give or take a few….a lot of hassle for such a rapidly changing situation and the 72 hour testing window….it just kills me, miss you Las Vegas and I am so happy to read each and every trip report posted and even Hunt’s restaurant reviews and wise cracks…Viva Las Vegas baby…!

Canada
Level Contributor
5,996 posts
117 reviews
75 helpful votes
8. Re: Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas
Save

There has been numerous posts about this as of late, so I will just recap as the posts are easy to find ..... but the vast majority use Reviv at Cosmo $130 (or their university medical hospital lab just off strip), Worksite labs through Main Street Station $90, or Walgreens ($130 or free, depending)....

toronto
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
9 helpful votes
9. Re: Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas
Save

You can book a free CVS drive thru PCR test about 10 days in advance of your trip and take an Uber. Or 2-3 days ahead, book a free drive thru Rapid Antigen NAAT test at Walgreens. My son and girlfriend did that last week in Vegas. Arrived Thursday, got a test at 3 pm and flew home Sunday at noon. Results for the Walgreens NAAT test came back in a couple of hours (this is called an ID Now test and is accepted in Canada. It is NOT the rapid antigen test you take for $40 at Shoppers on Canada to go to the USA.

I’m posting this to be helpful. My daughter and boyfriend flew from Canada to California with the $40 shoppers rapid antigen test and went to CVS for the PCR test. It took 36 hours for the PCR results but it does say 1-3 days. Both pharmacies have you enter your hotel address, check no insurance, put your vaccination dates in and your cell number and Email address. Please don’t get into a debate about whether Canadians should get free tests. Read and scroll on if you want to pay for a test. That’s good too. This is just a suggestion for something that worked in Vegas in September 2021. I’m sure Walgreens and CVS get paid per test regardless and the government is happy for Canadians to spend hundreds or thousands in their state!

toronto
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
10. Re: Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas
Save

Just returned on Saturday Sept 4/21 after 8 nights at Caesars Palace. Did our PCR Molecular test at Worksite Labs at the Orleans. $12.00 cab ride from Caesars. It's walk up and drive-thru as well. Lovely nurses, you administer the test yourself, easy peasy, 15 swirls in each nostril. Literally took 1 minute. $90.00 per person.

So easy. We had our results in 3 hours!!! This was a fantastic trip-dont get stressed out by the testing-it was so easy. Did it at 1:30pm Wed Sept 1/21. Our flight left 12:45pm on Sat Sept 4.

Reply to: Canadians; Covid Testing in Vegas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.