We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How safe is LV Strip at night

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How safe is LV Strip at night

This is our first time, so I was just wondering how safe is it to walk around the Vegas Strip, is there a time limit or places we shouldn't be around after sunset ???

usa
Level Contributor
910 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How safe is LV Strip at night

I felt safe. There were so many other tourists around me. Like any place, use your judgement.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How safe is LV Strip at night

Virtually anywhere you'd want to be on the Strip is totally safe whatever the time of day or night. Some parts of the northern Strip (the vacant lot areas either side of Circus Circus and Riviera, and the stretch between Sahara Ave and the Stratosphere) can feel a little awkward if you don't have your wits about you.

1,519 Miles from...
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How safe is LV Strip at night

Tourists are a protected species in Vegas. Crime against tourists is dealt with harshly. No tourism and Vegas is a sleepy desert town with UNLV as the biggest employer and biggest part of the economy. Relax, you'll be fine. Like the previous poster said, the northern Strip is getting a little barren, but mid-Strip and the southern end are fine.

Canada
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How safe is LV Strip at night

Stay in the well-lit areas on the Strip, you will be fine. I wouldn't wander off-strip at night unless you are in a car. You'll be as safe there as you would anywhere else, and may be surprised at how many people you will find out and about at 3 a.m.!

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How safe is LV Strip at night

The strip is quite safe. I was there over Memorial week and I cruisded the strip (from Flamingo to Venetian) by myself (female) for 3 nights and I felt perfectly safe. Please, don't be scared.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,478 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How safe is LV Strip at night

The Strip is safe, just be aware of your surroundings. If you are renting a car Always valet it to be safe, crime happens in some of these self parking garages.

There are parts of LV that are crime ridden, you will not be around that area, if you go Downtown stay withing the Fremont St area and dont wonder off into the side streets.

LV is not a city to willing to let the general tourist know to much about crime for obvious reasons, but it ranks right up there with the best.

nc
Level Contributor
521 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How safe is LV Strip at night

I have never felt unsafe in Vegas either downtown or on the strip. Of course hubby is always with me. I honestly don't think I'd hesitate to venture out on the strip alone though.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,175 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How safe is LV Strip at night

Safe like everyone says just be aware of your surroundings like you would be anywhere you go.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How safe is LV Strip at night

The strip is safe-day or night. In all my many trips over many years nothing bad has ever happened to me even though I frequently go alone(female). I have been downtown and even off strip without worries. As long as you use common sense you will be fine. Be aware of your wallet/purse, for example when looking at the fountains of the Bellagio, the volcano, etc. I even, horrors , self park when I am alone-and I have always lived to tell about it. Can something bad happen?Sure-Vegas is a big city and like any big (or small) city crime does happen. The only way to be perfectly safe- stay home. And even then something can happen to you. Just relax and enjoy your stay.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How safe is LV Strip at night

Just back today from our 1st visit to LAs Vegas. Its no different from any other holiday resort. Mostly holiday makers having a good. If you are concerned about moving about at night then use the local bus service which travels about on a very regular basis from the shopping out lets which is just past the end of the strip to Down Town. You can use this for 24 hours as much as you want for 5 dollars. (single journey is 2 dollars). Its very busy so it can take an hour to travel from one end to the other but well worth it rather than walk in the heat - 40degrees yesterday!!!!!!

Really enjoyed LV - shows are wonderful.

Annette