We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone tried VirtualTourGuide?

California
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone tried VirtualTourGuide?

Has anyone tried VirtualTourGuide.net? It appears to be similar to Gypsy Guide which I used in Jasper and Banff National Parks which was great. It is a GPS unit integrated with points of interest files that are broadcast over the car radio. When you approach a turnout, photospot, turnoff or place of interest you hear the background, historical information and interesting stories relating to the site and surroundings.

The Gypsy Guide unit I first rented had bugs (I had to reboot it every time I turned off the ignition) but the exchanged unit worked like a charm. Well worth the $150 for 4 days.

I expect to visit Yellowstone and would like to hear of anyone's experience with the VirtualTourGuide

1. Re: Anyone tried VirtualTourGuide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 01:48
Get answers to your questions about West Yellowstone