We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Torres del Paine

San Diego...
1 post
Save Topic
Visit to Torres del Paine

Hello! I am planning a visit to TdP in December 2019 the week before Christmas (12/16 to 12/ 22 or so). We will be six: parents and adult children. I would like to do day trips while staying in Puerto Natales as our base, but this is flexible. It looks like we could stay in one of the hotels within the park tough the cost may be too much. If you could let me know of your experiences regarding accommodations, weather, trails, fees, etc. I would really appreciate it. Angelica

2 replies to this topic
Munich
Level Contributor
9,932 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Torres del Paine

You'll wast a lot of your precious time by traveling forth and back to the nationalpark. It's at least 2 hours drive oneway..

I'd suggest taking a hotel in the nationalpark, or maybe do camping on the campground at Lago Pehoe.

Beate

Historic Corydon...
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Torres del Paine

You have plenty of time to book the few less expensive options in TDP. Check out Cabanas Lago Tyndall in the Serrano sector. We have them booked for 2 nights this December $150 USD p/n before moving deeper into the park. They are cabins that supposedly sleep 4 adults so you'd need 2 cabins. There are only about 14 or 15 of them (maybe not that many) so they book out fast but if you contact them about a year out, you should be able to get one.

Reply to: Visit to Torres del Paine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chilean Patagonia