We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Louis to Hannibal ?

Wakefield, MA
Level Contributor
90 posts
390 reviews
Save Topic
St. Louis to Hannibal ?

I am flying into St Louis on Sunday and want to drive to Hannibal and spend the afternoon seeing all of the Mark Twain sites so my time in Hannibal is limited.

My question is should I take the fastest route which I guess is Rt. 61 or should I take Rt. 79 which I guess is called "The Great River Road"? How much longer would that route take and is it worth doing? I would appreciate any input.

Thanks, Lisa

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
351 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Louis to Hannibal ?

If you are on limited time I would take Route 61. It will be much faster than 79. 79 or "The Great River Road" is a very scenic, beautiful drive. It does take several hours or more but definitely worth the drive. If you finish up in Hannibal with several hours of daylight left, I would return on 79. Have a great trip!

Wakefield, MA
Level Contributor
90 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Louis to Hannibal ?

Thanks for the info !!!!! We are really looking forward to visiting Missouri.

Lisa

3. Re: St. Louis to Hannibal ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2010, 12:48