We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cardinals tickets avail on same day and 9/11 concerns????

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
134 posts
45 reviews
Cardinals tickets avail on same day and 9/11 concerns????

Have posted a few ??'s already about our trip, so thanks to everyone for your help. Now trying to get my Cardinals game planned. We are planning on going on 9/11. Can you usually still buy tickets on game day or better to buy in advance? And this part is crazy but I have heard rumors about avoiding major league sporting events on 9/11. I am thinking it is not anything to worry about, but would that detour anyone from going????

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Cardinals tickets avail on same day and 9/11 concerns????

Buy your tickets in advance. The Cardinals are in first place, so all the weekend games will surely sell out. I think that might be Wainwright bobblehead night, so it might be completely sold out already. Good Luck!

Don't worry about 9/11 - there would be no element of surprise on that date, so why would they attack on a day we're all thinking of terrorism and being cautious? It won't keep St. Louis fans away.

Suggestion: If you get tickets, go to Charlie Gitto's before the game - it's on 6th St. a couple blocks north of Keiner Plaza. Last game I went to I was able to get a meter spot in front of the restaurant, so I only had to feed the meter to last through 7 PM (when the meters end), then head over to the game. It's a safe walk back after the game.

St. Louis
7 posts
2. Re: Cardinals tickets avail on same day and 9/11 concerns????

Yup, definitely get tickets now. Games are selling out, especially weekend games. Have fun!

St. Louis
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Cardinals tickets avail on same day and 9/11 concerns????

No need to pay the crazy face value for a ticket. If there isn't more than 2 in your group, scalp the tickets. You can always get more than 2 tickets but, it lowers the chances of sitting together.

4. Re: Cardinals tickets avail on same day and 9/11 concerns????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis