We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Union Station hotel curio collection

Peru, Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Union Station hotel curio collection

latest thoughts will be there with family from 4 to 67 coming on Monday any tips?

4 replies to this topic
USA
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Union Station hotel curio collection

Thoughts about what?

Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Union Station hotel curio collection

If it's about the hotel, it's a gorgeous space attached to a huge historic train station that's being repurposed. I've never stayed there. It's somewhat more distant from the downtown sights than some other hotel choices, but I wouldn't reject it because of that. That part of downtown tends to have less foot traffic, though.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Union Station hotel curio collection

As clvier1 noted, it's a beautiful space with an impressive domed lobby. Last time I was there, they projected a light show on the ceiling at regular intervals. It's not too far, if you wanted to walk to downtown. Close by food: Lombardo's (Italian), Landry's Seafood, and Hard Rock Cafe. You're a short walk to Schlafy's Tap House, where St. Louis micro brew started. You're also next to a metro link stop.

Mentioned in this post
Saint Louis...
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Union Station hotel curio collection

And if you are a cocktail type, I would absolutely go into the bar there.The proximity to Metrolink means Clayton, the Central West End, and other locations are easy to get to.

That Hard Rock is about to fold, if it hasn't already.

You are also very close to Lafayette Square, a very cheap Uber ride. I'd recommend PW Pizza, Eleven Eleven Mississippi, Polite Society, Hamilton's Steakhouse, Planter's House, or Element, all within a few blocks of each other.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 02:07
Mentioned in this post
Clayton
Clayton
Saint Louis, MO
Central West End
Central West End
120 Reviews
Saint Louis, MO
Lafayette Square
Lafayette Square
82 Reviews