We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family member might relocate so I'd like to visit

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,175 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Family member might relocate so I'd like to visit

I have family considering relocating to St Charles. I would like to take them to visit there for about 3 days in April to get a feel for the community. I know we'll want to visit the Old Town historic area. Any other suggestions? Where should we stay? Kid friendly restaurants or parks?

Mentioned in this post
4 replies to this topic
Eureka, Missouri
Level Contributor
316 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family member might relocate so I'd like to visit

You will find all the restaurants in old town are kid friendly. There are several reasonable hotels in the area including an Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn. If you have kids along you'll want to cross the river to see the St. Louis Zoo and the Science Center.

Mentioned in this post
St. Louis Zoo
St. Louis Zoo
7,429 Reviews
Saint Louis, MO
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,042 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family member might relocate so I'd like to visit

We visited St Charles and St Louis last April, beautiful weather for the week we were there. In St Charles is Lewis and Clark Boat House with plenty of parking and a bit of a walk to the old town area. http://www.lewisandclark.net/museum.html We didn't eat in the old town area, but had yummy burgers at Steak n Shake nearby. There are many chain hotels in the area.

Also spend a day in St Louis, see the arch, the zoo and museums at Forest Park.

Mentioned in this post
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,175 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family member might relocate so I'd like to visit

Thanks, all. We have visited St. Louis several times but just not familiar with St. Charles specifically.

We will definitely visit the Lewis and Clark museum. And I've found that most restaurants are kid friendly, especially if you go a little early. Imagine that's the case in/around St. Charles, too.

Mentioned in this post
Linn, Missouri
Level Contributor
748 posts
488 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family member might relocate so I'd like to visit

I'll second the Embassy Suites in St Charles. Clean and affordable. Most of the restaurants in historic downtown are kid friendly, especially Trailhead Brewing Company. My kids love to vist that area.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Family member might relocate so I'd like to visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint Charles
Recent Conversations