We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safe?

jrj
Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
safe?

With the trouble in Ferguson, is St Charles safe right now?

Mentioned in this post
4 replies to this topic
Marshall, MO
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safe?

Yes, St. Charles is a very safe place to visit, and old downtown is great. There are lots of great places to eat, pick up some cookies while you are there. The atmosphere great. I drove through Ferguson on Monday and not a great place to be now. I think the big danger is over in the area malls, but I would be selective with that!

Mentioned in this post
Eureka, Missouri
Level Contributor
316 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safe?

98% of the St. Louis metropolitan area is safe as well. Ferguson is only one of hundreds of individual counties in the St. Louis area and unfortunately the tragedy that happened there is reflecting on the whole region.

Mentioned in this post
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safe?

Yes, St. Charles is safe. You have 15 miles and a river in between Ferguson & St. Charles. The St. Charles Landing area gets a good amount of foot traffic and regular police patrols. I've never seen any trouble down there, other than an occasional drunk guy acting up.

Mentioned in this post
Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safe?

No problems in St. Charles with any of the Ferguson fallout. The Octoberfest festival is the last weekend of this month so come visit then. Go figure we have Octoberfest in September. We don't refer to the historic area as the landing.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: safe?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint Charles
Recent Conversations
;