We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gir Jungle Trail Safari availability

Pune, India
11 posts
Gir Jungle Trail Safari availability
Save

Hi,

I am planning for Gir Jungle Trail with Gypsy safari. The charges according tohttps://girlion.gujarat.gov.in/ are 800/- for permit, 1700/- for Gypsy and 400/- for Guide mandatory. However, on the website only permit charges can be paid. The charges for Gypsy and Guide are to be paid directly at Sinh Sadan.

But if we have permit then are we guaranteed to get Gypsy for the same time slot? I had this doubt because if there are limited Gypsys available there, then Gypsy driver may deny me for safari for that time slot if it is already occupied by someone else.

Can someone please share this info?

4 replies to this topic
Junagadh, India
2 posts
1. Re: Gir Jungle Trail Safari availability
Save

Hey Parag, don't worry. You'll get a gypsy when you visit it. There are enough gypsies and Gypsy drivers are chosen by forest officials on recurring basis according to the safari route. I did a safari in December there on route no 12 (Kamleshwar Dam, normally forest officials allot the route by themselves but I asked politely so they allotted it to me) I saw 5-6 lions and lionesses but spotting them is a game of luck.

So best of luck and I would advise you to reach Sinh Sadan at least 30-45 minutes before.

Edited: 3 years ago
Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
31 reviews
70 helpful votes
2. Re: Gir Jungle Trail Safari availability
Save

If you have permit then you will surely get Gypsy and Guide in any case, confirmed permit will let you go for safari after paying gypsy and guide charges. They issue limited number of permit depending on capacity to cater tourists so no worries for over booking or over crowd during your visit just book your permit that's it.

Pune, India
11 posts
3. Re: Gir Jungle Trail Safari availability
Save

Thank you very much guys for the help!

9 posts
4. Re: Gir Jungle Trail Safari availability
Save

Hi,

Can you pls guide me all about Kanha / Gir tours.

May wl be very hot to travel, so is it advisable to go to both above places in June?

Which one is better ?

If june is not good, then that means i hv lost the opportunity this year and wl hv to travel next year. Which is the best month to visit these?

Hows the sighting in the months that you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to: Gir Jungle Trail Safari availability
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sasan Gir
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.