We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Restaurant/Nightlife Recommendations

St. Louis
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need Restaurant/Nightlife Recommendations

I'm a 24 yo female who be taking a solo trip to KC during the 1st weekend in Sept, and I'm looking for nightlife/restaurant recommedations.

I'm staying at the Raphael (Country Club Plaza), so I would like places I could walk to, or drive to easily, as I've never been to KC.

For restaurants, I love just about any food, especially ethnic or inventive American cuisine. For nightlife I enjoy upscale lounges, or lively neighborhood bars, but definitely NOT the barely 21 club atmosphere.

I appreciate any recommendations, as I'm rather overwhelmed by the wealth of choices I've seen so far! Thanks in advance!

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Restaurant/Nightlife Recommendations

The Plaza is right out your front door-very walkable to - just concerned for anyone walking back late at night_many restaurants and bars in the area-Kona Grill has a fun bar

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Restaurant/Nightlife Recommendations

The new restaurant is Fugo de Chao... its on the plaza, have not been there but it seems to be one of those nightlife/ high energy places.

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Restaurant/Nightlife Recommendations

The Raphael is a great location, it's walking distance to everything on the Plaza. A good place to start for a drink is Reverse, it's on the Plaza. If you want a club type atmosphere, go to Blonde, it's also on the Plaza.

Restaurant options on the Plaza I'd recommend are JJ's, Ruth's Chris, McCormick and Schmicks, Grand Street Cafe, Classic Cup and Jack Stack BBQ.

If you want to travel out of the Plaza, go downtown to the Power and Light District. There are lots of bars and restaurants in a concentrated area.

Kansas City, MO
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Restaurant/Nightlife Recommendations

Since you are flying solo I'd say just stick in the Plaza...it's awesome and you'll have plenty of choices (although more and more chains)

For bars I'd say Granfalloon or Tomfooleries if you like a sportsbar type scene, Blonde is awesome but alone I'm not sure it's the right place. O'Dowds is a good place and could easily sit at the bar alone.

for food, KC is BBQ so walk over to Jack Stack...for more refined hit Classic Cup. Baja 600 has an awesome patio. Bo Lings which is really close to you has great chinese. There is a great neighborhood called the south plaza to the south and east of your hotel that has some great independent restaurants...Peanut is a bar, Planet sub has subs, Spin has pizza, Osteria Il Centro is a cool place as well.

Check out The Better Cheddar...fun store.

5. Re: Need Restaurant/Nightlife Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City
Recent Conversations