We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handicap ramp friendly places to visit

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
233 posts
177 reviews
Handicap ramp friendly places to visit

We have a friend in town visiting and he is in a scooter, not a wheel chair. We need suggestions for ramp friendly restaurants and bars to stop in at; access to restaurants is another critical point. Thanks in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Sayulita
Level Contributor
881 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Handicap ramp friendly places to visit

Hi littlemomma. Your last sentence, should it read "access to bathrooms is another critical point"? I can't think of any that have grab bars by the toilet but otherwise Don Pedro's is accessible, with an accessible bathroom, and it's a great restaurant too. Tropical House would also work. Calypso has an elevator but for the life of me I have no idea if it works. It's relatively new but I've never seen anyone use it. Otherwise, the restaurant and bathroom are accessible. Si Señor has just opened and is accessible. But again, I'd just like to mention that I don't think any of these restaurant bathrooms have grab rails. I hope this helps.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
309 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Handicap ramp friendly places to visit

Sent you a pm

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
233 posts
177 reviews
3. Re: Handicap ramp friendly places to visit

Gracias, got it

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
233 posts
177 reviews
4. Re: Handicap ramp friendly places to visit

Thanks Harry, we are going to try Don Pedro’s as we have been there many times, like the food and thought the scooter would be ok. Just need a place for the guys to hang while the girls shop and surf.

Reply to: Handicap ramp friendly places to visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted