We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A free day and night in Sayulita

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
681 posts
19 reviews
A free day and night in Sayulita

I am attending a writers' retreat in Sayulita in January. I plan to arrive one day early, on a Monday, to enjoy Sayulita on my own as my days will be structured after that, I have been to Sayulita before as a day trip from PV and enjoyed the beach and walking along the side streets to check out the shops. Is there anything else I might enjoy as a solo woman? Any not to miss restaurants you would recommend? Any special markets or other experiences?

4 replies to this topic
Sayulita
Level Contributor
881 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: A free day and night in Sayulita

Hi Jennifer. With luck, your timing might work for taking part in an early evening turtle release. They happen sporadically so check the site for Campamento Tortuguero Sayulita. On Monday nights there's live salsa music with dancing and instructors at Don Pedro's. It's very popular, a lot of fun, and there's no admission charge if you eat there first. I also highly recommend Don Pedro's as a great restaurant and a good place for a single woman to dine and feel comfortable. Other restaurants I'd include would be Los Corazones, Tierra Viva, or for some fantastic and different Mexican food, try El Itakate or Yeikame. A nice lounge in the evening would be Escondido or Zouave. Do you surf or SUP? You can take a class from any of the instructors on the beach. Perhaps try Patricia's surf school. A couple of places on the beach for sunset watching include: upstairs at Mar or La Isla (the beach bar/restaurant at Junto al Rio). There are many options, many restaurants, so these are just a couple of suggestions. I hope this has helped a bit.

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
226 posts
177 reviews
2. Re: A free day and night in Sayulita

I would highly recommend Rustica Pizza along the Main Street, their food is excellent and you could comfortably eat in the bar or in the dining area. I also agree that Don Pedro’s is another good alternative for a single woman, having done that several times.

If you have an opportunity, the Farmers Market is held on Friday and it’s quite a fun outing. Not just produce, but many local vendors with a large variety of items for sale, such as jewelry, clothing, glass and ceramic wares, fresh baked goods and more. Go access the bridge towards the main highway and look for the green steel gates and the people. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
343 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: A free day and night in Sayulita

A shout out to Alas Blancas on the beach for drinks and food. Don't pass up the mummy shrimp! Yummy!

P.S. Bathrooms for ladies can be suspect on the beachfront; I would recommend Alas Blancas and Don Pedro's for that reason alone (tip from my significant other).

Banff, Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: A free day and night in Sayulita

Lots to do, including all the suggestions above. How its the flow, explore a bit, as part of the fun of the town is sitting at the beach and watching the world go by, or exploring the offerings in and around the plaza.

Reply to: A free day and night in Sayulita
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted