We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Semana 2018 Sayulita Updates?

Gresham, Oregon
Level Contributor
242 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Semana 2018 Sayulita Updates?

Thought I would try and change the flow of info here and ask for any updates about Santa Semana 2018 in Sayulita. We are coming for a first time visit to Sayulita March 27 - April 3 and know there will be large crowds, good eats, and hopefully fun things to do. If you are there and want to contribute with something positive other than sickness reports and other negative info, please let us know how it is going and any fun events/things to do that we may want to consider during our upcoming visit. Thanks!!

Edited: 19 March 2018, 01:00
Mentioned in this post
Sayulita
Sayulita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
8 replies to this topic
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
421 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Semana 2018 Sayulita Updates?

We arrive on 3/24, Staying @ Casa Paloma and will be there the entire week. Looking forward to some good eats, warm sun and a bit of sailing and surfing.

Gresham, Oregon
Level Contributor
242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Semana 2018 Sayulita Updates?

We may see you there! Safe travels and enjoy!!!

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Semana 2018 Sayulita Updates?

Semana Santa 2018 in Sayulita should be a good time; I wish I could join you. However I will be arriving the area a month too late, at the end of April running into early May. With a little bit of luck, I'll be able to make Semana Santa (in Mexico) next year....... Safe travels.

¡Diviértanse!

Mentioned in this post
Sayulita
Sayulita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Sayulita
Level Contributor
834 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Semana 2018 Sayulita Updates?

I haven't heard of any large beach parties this year during Semana Santa but that doesn't mean it won't happen. The town is mobilizing as it has for the last few years. Volunteers will be at both entrances to town, handing out garbage bags and pointing visitors to the best places to park. Porta-Potties will be situated throughout the town in convenient locations. There's always live music at night at Don Pato on the plaza, and probably at Su Casa as well as a couple of other places in town. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know if I hear of anything more happening.

Gresham, Oregon
Level Contributor
242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Semana 2018 Sayulita Updates?

Thank you Harry P and LonestarGumby. Look forward to any other info/advice in the next few days! Best wishes!

Boulder, Colorado
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Semana 2018 Sayulita Updates?

It gets CROWDED over the Easter weekend and we usually head to one of the other beaches. Pack a picnic, bring water and drinks because there won't be anyone walking around selling food. There are quite a few beaches in the area... most walking walking distance. Here is a good list: https://www.sayulitalife.com/sayulita-beaches

Do spend a day on the main beach and you'll get a parade of people watching action. Park yourselves in front of Don Pedro's and order food and drinks and enjoy the Mexican experience. For us, one day is enough and then we head out to the other spots until the crowds thin out.

Mentioned in this post
Don Pedro's Restaurant & Bar
Don Pedro's Restaurant...
1,030 Reviews
Sayulita, Mexico
Gresham, Oregon
Level Contributor
242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa Semana 2018 Sayulita Updates?

Thank you for the ideas, Steven. They are on our list!

Gresham, Oregon
Level Contributor
242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa Semana 2018 Sayulita Updates?

Looks like the crowds have arrived this afternoon as shown on the Sayulita webcam www.sayulita.com/webcam.html. Five more will join them March 27th. An adventure is awaiting us!

Edited: 26 March 2018, 02:47
Mentioned in this post
Sayulita
Sayulita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Reply to: Santa Semana 2018 Sayulita Updates?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted