We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monsaraz in the middle of December

Central Portugal...
Level Contributor
734 posts
71 reviews
37 helpful votes
Monsaraz in the middle of December
Save

Visited Monsaraz this week.Weather chilly but reasonably sunny. What a visit to this little village mid December with hardly a soul around except the locals and their dogs.

Had the village almost to ourselves.Quiet except for English Christmas carols as we strolled ,with the odd Andy Williams singing "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"... and it was!

3 replies to this topic
Dunstable...
Destination Expert
for Portugal
Level Contributor
3,644 posts
181 reviews
192 helpful votes
1. Re: Monsaraz in the middle of December
Save

We were there a couple of years ago in an early November and there were almost no tourists. We did have an unique experience that I will never forget. The Portuguese Air Force was doing fly byes with three of their jets in formation. They were SO close to the top of the castle and the planes were so close to each other!

Turns out they were doing filming for some military video I guess. All I could think of when Hubby and I experienced this is THEY were the 21st century Knight Templars. Sounds like you had a great experience too!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
185 reviews
93 helpful votes
2. Re: Monsaraz in the middle of December
Save

less the sun it was exactly the same for me today,one very special day.

Dunstable...
Destination Expert
for Portugal
Level Contributor
3,644 posts
181 reviews
192 helpful votes
3. Re: Monsaraz in the middle of December
Save

Lucky both of you since I am stuck in the "frozen Wasteland" that one of my friends from Texas called New England in the States. Wish we were back in Portugal. Hubby had me check on flights to Lisbon for Christmas since he want "out of here". Sadly, too expensive on such short notice. Enjoy your time in the sun in Portugal.

Reply to: Monsaraz in the middle of December
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Monsaraz
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.