We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lavender fields

sta barbara
Level Contributor
9 posts
260 reviews
Lavender fields

Some don't realize that there are many lavender fields nearby to the northwest of moustiers within 10 km off the puimison (spelling?) road. Very lovely countryside with quaint villages.

11 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
11,546 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Lavender fields

I think they do, as the Valensole plateau is often talked about on this forum with regard to lavender fields.

The spelling of the road is Puimoisson by the way.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,386 posts
65 reviews
2. Re: Lavender fields

Nonsense.

The Valensole is a very well known destination for viewing lavender.

Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Lavender fields

Thank you so much for the information. I did not know that there were lavender fields nearby. We are going to the gorge and will make a special trip to see them.

Sadly, I didn't expect there to be trolls on TripAdvisor!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,386 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Lavender fields

Commercial lavender fields are in bloom for a very short season.

When are you visiting?

Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Lavender fields

We will be in area just after the Tour de France ends in Paris... so around 23 July to 11 August. We are taking the train to Aix then renting a car. We are going to stay in Vence while we see the Cote d'Adur area. Then we will go by Entrevaux, drive the gorge and stay in Moustiers. Next, we will see Gordes and Les Baux area. Finally, we will end up in Uzes and visit Pezenas and La Couvertoirade.

If lavender is in bloom, it would be a shame for us to miss it. If you please, we would love any recommendations on what routes to take... provided they will be in bloom.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,226 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Lavender fields

At this time, it is impossible to know when the lavender will be in bloom. This occurs for only a few weeks, but the timing depends on the weather during spring and summer.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,386 posts
65 reviews
7. Re: Lavender fields

Your timing might be OK, as lavender blooms later up on the Valensole than it does down lower.

Lavender is usually harvested by the end of July down lower......follow the Forum for up to date help as your trip gets closer.

Troll?

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
149 reviews
8. Re: Lavender fields

I guess it will be too late for most fields.

England, United...
Level Contributor
11,546 posts
44 reviews
9. Re: Lavender fields

<<Sadly, I didn't expect there to be trolls on TripAdvisor!>>

Please explain PandK - who do you think are trolls?

Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
10. Re: Lavender fields

JohnStaBarbara posted a good comment when he said, "Some don't realize that there are many lavender fields nearby to the northwest of moustiers within 10 km..." One of you put, "Nonsense. The Valensole is a very well known destination for viewing lavender and one of you put "the Valensole plateau is often talked about on this forum."

I found John's post extremely useful as we are going to be in Moustiers and I am unfamiliar with what there is to see in that area, besides the gorge. While it may be well known to most people, John was right in saying that some people may not realize it and I thank him for posting on this forum. And I do thank you both for your responses.

The term 'Troll' can be used for those who respond in a negative manner to someone posting something online. I thought your responses to John were a bit rude so I made a negative comment and then I became the 'Troll'. I'm sorry for that. I see so much negativity on social media and I just never thought that I would encounter it when planning for our trip. TripAdvisor has always been a positive experience for me and I'm sorry again for my negativity.

Reply to: Lavender fields
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moustiers Sainte-Marie