We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Big Cedar to Branson strip

Cerritos, California
Level Contributor
50 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Big Cedar to Branson strip

I have two questions:

1) How easy is it to travel from Big Cedar Lodge to the strip? I'd like to stay at the Lodge but want to do day trips to see things like the fish hatchery, etc.

2) How hot is it in August? (I am from so cal and it gets fairly hot here). I am wondering if I would be better off traveling to Branson next April or this August. I don't want it to be so oppresively hot we don't want to go out.

Thanks in advance!!

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Big Cedar to Branson strip

It's very easy to drive back and forth from Big Cedar to Branson -- 15 - 30 minutes depending on where you are going in Branson and the time of day. Most of the road between the lodge and Branson is 4 lane highway US 65. The fish hatchery is actually south of Branson near the Table Rock Lake dam.

Most years it will be hot in August. However, it was in the mid 80s yesterday in Branson.

Wichita, Kansas...
Level Contributor
220 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Big Cedar to Branson strip

We never go in the summer! April is usually lovely and not so humid even if it is a little warm. Just drove last Sunday from Big Cedar (beautiful place) past the fish hatchery to our condo. Easy drive. Just get a map with the back roads (blue, yellow, etc.) and you don't have to go down the strip when it's busy. That's another thing, it won't be nearly as busy in April as August probably.

Ozark, Missouri
Level Contributor
13 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Big Cedar to Branson strip

Driving from Big Cedar to the strip isn't bad at all. Mostly highway. As for traveling in August vs. April, there are pros and cons to each. In August, it will be pretty toasty and humid. How busy it is will depend on what time of the month you visit. Towards the beginning, it will be pretty busy. However, once schools start up again it will slow down a bit. April will have better weather and less people, but most of the shows and attractions will still be on their spring hours, which means some might not be open at all, might only be open on weekends, or they will close pretty early. I would just look into the schedules for whatever you want to do and then make your decision.

4. Re: Travel from Big Cedar to Branson strip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 09:12