We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver Dollar City outside food / beverages

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Silver Dollar City outside food / beverages

I checked out SDC's website but could not find out if they allow things like bottled water and snacks to be brought in. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Mike

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silver Dollar City outside food / beverages

we've brought in snacks many times. Others have brought in lunch. When my kids were younger I would fill a back pack with snacks and kool-aid bottles and never had a problem entering. The only time I have ever seen SDC do a bag search was for a year or so after 9-11.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver Dollar City outside food / beverages

Yes you can bring in your own beverages and food. Some people even bring in coolers. As long as you don’t bring in glass or alcohol you will be fine. We always bring in our own water bottles and refill them as needed. Whenever our grand kids are along, we always take lots of snacks.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silver Dollar City outside food / beverages

We always bring in drinks in our bags, but as for food we eat there. Silver Dollar City has the best food by far compared to any place else in Branson.

Springfield...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Silver Dollar City outside food / beverages

I agree, it's much easier to eat there. Otherwise, plan ahead of time and eat beforehand and/or afterwards and then just have a snack while in the park. Definitely a funnel cake!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
14 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silver Dollar City outside food / beverages

Years ago, as a single mom, I'd take my kids to SDS. But I couldn't afford snacks and lunch, too. So I kept a picnic in the car, and we'd go back to the parking lot for lunch. Just be sure to get your hand stamped as you leave.

There are lots of water fountains around, so once you've purchsed your tickets, it can be an inexpensive outing.

6. Re: Silver Dollar City outside food / beverages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2009, 11:22