We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SDC and Dixie Stampede - Same Day

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
471 posts
73 reviews
SDC and Dixie Stampede - Same Day

I'm thinking of going to SDC on a Tuesday. I see that it will open at 10am that day. It will just be my husband and I and our almost 3 year old. I plan to arrive exactly when it opens and stay until approximately 4 or 4:30. It looks like the Dixie Stampede show would start at 5:30 that same evening. And by google maps it appears that it takes about 20 min to get from SDC to Dixie Stampede. How early do we need to arrive for the show? Should we arrive by 5? Or earlier? I wasn't sure if the show started at exactly 5:30 or that was when the doors open. Thanks for any input!

8 replies to this topic
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
471 posts
73 reviews
1. Re: SDC and Dixie Stampede - Same Day

I was able to call and they have informed me for a 5:30 show that is the time that the actual show starts. The preshow would begin around 4:40. Doors open at 3:45 and they advise getting there around that time to give yourself time to park and to get tickets and get ready to see the preshow.

Linn, Missouri
Level Contributor
820 posts
525 reviews
2. Re: SDC and Dixie Stampede - Same Day

We typically do not do those both on the same day and we are season pass holders - it's just too much of a rush. However, if you choose to do it I would recommend doing the 8pm show instead of the 5:30 to allow for more time. You don't want to cut your day too short in SDC.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
749 reviews
3. Re: SDC and Dixie Stampede - Same Day

That is a lot to cram into one day. SDC is a full day. We typically will go 2-3 days. If we are there for just one day, we stay until closing. Personally, I would go to Dixie on the following day. I would guess the 8:00 pm show would be too late for your 3 year-old. There is not a lot to get ready for with the pre-show. It may get too long if you are there an hour early and then go to the pre-show with your 3 year-old. It is fun to view the horses outside prior to the preshow, but that is about it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
84 reviews
4. Re: SDC and Dixie Stampede - Same Day

Not sure how long you will be in Branson but you can also go to SDC after 4 I think and the next day is free. Also when you say you want to be there right when it opens at 10 make sure you are there before that to account for parking and tram or walking. There is stuff going on before 10 like the opening ceremony and then you can just get into the rest of the park, rides, etc at 10.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
471 posts
73 reviews
5. Re: SDC and Dixie Stampede - Same Day

Thanks everyone for your feedback! This is the only day available to attempt both. We figured with our baby we wouldn't see much of SDC but at least attempt to enjoy some of the activities around SDC. We may miss it all together. Our main focus is boating on Table Rock Lake and the Golf Cart tour on Top of the Rock and possibly Table Rock Lake state park. We prefer nature hikes but thought SDC might be fun for a few hours one day. It seems it may be more like Disney and more time may need to be dedicated to it. If that is the case, we may skip it. I'll just research some more on it. We already booked the Dixie Stampede. I believe our toddler will enjoy it. We did book the 5:30 show because you are correct that the 8pm show would be too late. Looks like I have some things to research more on and see what would work best with our schedule. Thanks for everyone's input. You have given me food for thought! I appreciate it!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
471 posts
73 reviews
6. Re: SDC and Dixie Stampede - Same Day

Hey Newlywed - we will only be here for 5 days and are staying at Big Cedar Lodge. The majority of the trip is for relaxing. I thought of dedicated at day to do SDC and Dixie Stampede. After researching some more, I am going to determine if we will only do the Dixie Stampede. Which will be fine! Just thinking of some fun things for the baby. Plus I'm sure she will not be able to ride a lot of the rides at SDC. I just thought certain areas would be fun for her for a few hours before heading to the Dixie Stampede show. We shall see. Thanks again for the input! I'll look into this better and see what will work best!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
84 reviews
7. Re: SDC and Dixie Stampede - Same Day

I see. My daughter is 3, soon to be 4. We were at SDC twice last year. We usually stay in that area so it is really easy to come and go but usually we just stay a few hours with her. We can definitely make our rounds in that time but she’s also not a big fan of rides. She will do the carousel and likes the tree house a lot. There are two areas with rides for Little kids that look really fun but it’s just not her thing. There are pretty much never any lines for those, especially if you get there early. I think you could definitely do it if you wanted to. Although maybe something like the promised land zoo might be more relaxing? My daughter really likes that too. She likes to feed the fish at the fish hatchery also. We did the golf cart tour for the first time last time after going to Branson for years and really liked it. Although she says she didn’t but who knows. I’ve also never been to Dogwood Canyon but the rest of our group went last time and really liked that too. I’ve been to Dixie Stampede a few times but not with our daughter yet. I’m sure you’ll have fun.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
471 posts
73 reviews
8. Re: SDC and Dixie Stampede - Same Day

Thanks so much, Newlyweds, about all of the tips of SDC and also of other places to visit! When we visit Table Rock Lake State Park, I believe the fish hatchery would be a perfect stop. And I do feel our little one would be the same way at SDC. So thanks for the suggestions of areas to visit within the park.

Reply to: SDC and Dixie Stampede - Same Day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted