We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay outside Oxford?

Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay outside Oxford?

Wow, I'm not used to having a kid in a college with big game days. For September 9-10 it seems I have a choice of Days Inn in Batesville (the reviews are awful - probably why it's the only hotel with vacancies), the one in Pontotoc (is it in the middle of knowhere - I'm arriving late at night), or a variety of hotels in New Albany, which is where I'm currently booked. Should I change my reservation? I've read posts about condos but haven't checked them out, because it's just me.

Axl, thanks for posting the parking link. Gates open at what time?? And do I have a chance of getting a spot if I'm later than that??

Thanks for any advice.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
34,345 posts
499 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay outside Oxford?

Son is in grad school at Ole Miss and we were told last spring to make reservations then- and we did. Good luck with your search. What about Tupelo? It seems just as close as New Albany and has some restaurant choices. Axle will give you lots of info.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay outside Oxford?

Why don't you go to the Ole Miss Game Day Forum. Here's a link. You can register for free and ask questions about parking, rooms and tickets. Their Insider's Forum is free too. You will need to sign up with a user name and password. I will help you there and others will offer suggestions also. If a condo is not acceptable you could consider staying in Grenada or Tupelo. Both are about an hour away.

What direction are you coming from? Once you decide where you will stay I will help you with parking here. You want to get near the Square so you can visit and shop. Have lunch there. City Grocery is the best place but Boure, McEwen's and Lenora's are nice. The Levee, Library, Rooster's, Rib Cage and Proud Larry's are good joint's for drinks.

The game is at 6 PM. It's Southern IL. Check the Oxford hotels again for a cancelllation. There's a Day's Inn that's usually available in Oxford. You should get a hotel room for that game. Keep checking. Post back when you get a place to stay.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=177&f=2349

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay outside Oxford?

Did you try the Holiday Inn and Hampton in Batesville.

Holiday Inn @ 210 Power Drive, Batesville, MS 662 – 563 – 1234.

holidayinn.com/hotels/…hoteldetail

Hampton Inn @ 103 Lakewood Drive, Batesville, MS 662 – 578 – 5555.

http://tinyurl.com/42yez9t

4. Re: Where to stay outside Oxford?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 15:46
Get answers to your questions about Oxford
Recent Conversations