We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days Inn opinions please?

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Days Inn opinions please?

About to take my parents to Mayo's. My Mother is talking about the Days Inn, due to price & recommendation from someone. (We've not had much luck with other Days Inn properties. Usually in bad need to updates.) The reviews on this hotel quality, are on extreme or another.

I've also seen some reviews saying this was 2 blocks away from where they need to be & others say it is across the street.... assuming due to the size of the clinic, it could be a distance to where we need to be & no shuttle? Correct?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,631 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days Inn opinions please?

Have you looked at their website here? daysinn.com/DaysInn/… Minnesota, UNITED STATES&state=Minnesota&country=UNITED STATES

There is an email for a hotel contact listed, as well. As for reviews, I always take them with a grain of salt. I have no experience with this property, but people will always right reviews through their own viewpoints, not necessarily yours.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days Inn opinions please?

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have looked at the website. It mentioned renovations on 2007, but I know they can change a lamp & call it "renovated".

But plenty of the reviews are pretty bad.... I think I'll wait till we have an appt & ask which area of the clinic we will need to be, & see if it is close to that part of the Clinic. My parents aren't able to walk two blocks, so if that is the case, a shuttle from another hotel would make more sense.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
605 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days Inn opinions please?

I personally would not choose the Days Inn. They have had plans to tear tear down the hotel for over a year but it hasn't happened yet. Pannekoeken Restaurant which is located in the Days Inn however, is very quaint with good food. There are many great options downtown as well as other options that provide a shuttle. Most of your appointments would probably be a couple of blocks from the Days Inn location as buildings are pretty close together.

Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Days Inn opinions please?

There are a couple of options closer than the days inn with very affordable rates where your parents would only have to walk across the street and they could do that in the pedestrian subway/skyway system. The Kahler Grand Hotel is a beautiful historic property with great patient rates any closer and it would be a housecall. The Kahler Inn & Suites has great rates that also include breakfast and parking, plus it has been completey renovated with completion just a month or so ago. This is a brand new hotel with great amenities. I've heard great things.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Days Inn opinions please?

Thanks so much! This is very helpful information.

Sask.
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Days Inn opinions please?

We are staying at Comfort Suites, Rochester. It is further out but bus service to Mayo is very good. This is a two year old property it is clean and staff is very helpfull. We are think we made a very good choice...

7. Re: Days Inn opinions please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 01:45