We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Mission

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
67 posts
64 reviews
Old Mission

We've never been to Traverse City. I noticed on the map, the small peninsula in the middle of Grand Traverse Bay. What is your opinion of the drive through the peninsula (Mapleton to Old Mission)? Are there sites that warrant the time? Suggestions for restaurants?

Southeast, Michigan
Level Contributor
508 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Old Mission

Old Mission Peninsula is my favorite area in Traverse City. Its a lovely drive past orchards abd wineries with tasting tours. The old general store is a fun stop and the lighthouse at the tip is very pretty. If you like wine and scenic drives, its a must.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
67 posts
64 reviews
2. Re: Old Mission

Thanks for the quick response, Bluebygrace. I appreciate the information.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Old Mission

www.oldmission.com/old-mission-peninsula-map/

I agree with Bluebygrace. I never been all the way to Mission Point but around the half way mark twice. It certainly makes for a scenic drive. On the link it shows the best bike route. Pretend your on a bike and drive that route instead. :-)

Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
4. Re: Old Mission

Hello! Yes, it's definitely worth it. There's so much to see and do on the peninsula. Here's a link to a blog post with information (scroll down to the section about Old Mission Peninsula).

5. Re: Old Mission

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City
Recent Conversations