We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bachelorette party for my sister

om
2 posts
Save Topic
bachelorette party for my sister

i want to throw a night on the town bachelorette party for my sister in traverse city for about 12 girls. i was thinking of staying at the motel 6 which looks like it's close to being on the bay. she also hinted at wanting a party bus, but since it's a group of young girls on a budget i'm wondering if the location of motel 6 is within walking distance of anything cool. bars/restaurants? that way a party bus wouldn't be necessary and i could cut out some cost. i'm ok with getting a taxi but i'd rather be in a central location where there is stuff happening. any comments? thanks!! :)

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
471 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bachelorette party for my sister

Ashley.... if you want walking distance to anything, you'll have to look at the Holiday Inn, the Park Place Hotel or maybe the Bay Shore. The hotels in Traverse aren't really built for walking to downtown. Sorry!

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bachelorette party for my sister

Park Place, as state above, would be the most ideal. Otherwise, Motel 6 is about 3 miles away. You can call BATA (Bay Area Transportation Authority) as they do have after-hours service by reservation. www.bata.net/ridebata_cityride_afterhours.htm

om
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bachelorette party for my sister

thank you for the prompt replies :D very helpful

Thompsonville...
Level Contributor
749 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bachelorette party for my sister

I've walked to downtown from the Bayshore as mentioned and it is definitely do-able. What I like about the Bayshore is the free breakfast in the morning -- more than just muffins. Omletes, sausage, Potter's pastries, yogurt, cereal, etc.

Park Place is in the thick of things and would be most idea.

Holiday Inn is a tad closer than Bayshore and it does have Shimmer's one of the better places to dance.

Have fun!!

5. Re: bachelorette party for my sister

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:48
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City