We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 or 4 hours in Traverse City

Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
3 or 4 hours in Traverse City

Sweeping through while meandering Leelenau tomorrow (July 12). There are 4 adults and 3 kids (17,

10, 6). Looking for a couple destinations to see or places to kill time with lovely scenery. It’s some family’s first visit to the US from France.

We like scenery, fresh air, easy walks, cute towns to meander. Could sit out on a beach or in a park with a water view. Wr arent looking to go kayaking or biking, because not everyone in the group can do those things. Not really beer people. Wine, sorta. Love ice cream and cherries.

Any suggestions? Maybe a place to start a walk and/or a neighborhood to explore or shoreline to walk?

Is there one must-see in Traverse City? We just want to get a sense of the place and see its beauty. Have heard a lot about it but few specifics.

I browsed TC’s tourism website. Minds seimming in info, though.

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
969 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 or 4 hours in Traverse City

Enjoy the shops along Front Street

Drive out Old Mission Peninsula and enjoy the views along with a winery atop or 2

Edited: 12 July 2018, 09:19
Level Contributor
551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 or 4 hours in Traverse City

TRBeer - funny, I returned to the forum to update my post because I was zero’ing in on Old Mission Peninsula! Sounds perfect! Thank you!

Is there a decent beach for taking a dip and sitting in the shade (or not)? Maybe a olace with changing facilities? Only a few of us want to swim, the others just want to enjoy a nice view and breeze.

Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 or 4 hours in Traverse City

Hello!

You're in luck, we just published a blog post yesterday about the two Peninsula's! https:/…

Depending on where you're at while visiting the area you can look at this list to see where the closest beach is: https:/…

Glad you checked out our website before, hopefully, it was helpful for your visit!

You can also stop into our visitor center if talking to someone in person would help you. 101 West Grandview Parkway, Traverse City, MI 49684

Reply to: 3 or 4 hours in Traverse City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Traverse City